Modelling trains of Mk1 stock - whats missing?

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold

I think that unless all the joins are at a door edge a full repaint will be required.

This RF from Bachmann RU and FK was fully repainted.

Thanks Mark

Looking at this today to get doors right  think I am looking at 3 sections on the side in your picture - and 4 on the other side

Or am I missing something?

Its the presence of the toilet that's the issue - not sure where the passengers in the RF are supposed to find relief, careful marshalling required perhaps....

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hee hee don't ask me why I tried it ....haven't tried on a loco yet, let us know how you get on!

As for Abbotswood shows....next years programme looks like Nottingham and possibly Swansea in Spring, Redditch in September ...and am sure we will offer to go to Toddington again if dates work for us

Phil

Hi Phil,

I tried your olive oil recipe on a Bachmann 37,and after some careful patient work,the numbers and printed nameplate were removed.

Top tip-thanks!

Neil

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Neil

Theres two warships a 40 and a 47 heading for the kitchen soon - have only done coaches with oil so far, will be trying on locos as model strip gets in all the grilles etc and can be a devil to get out

Phil

Thanks Neil

Theres two warships a 40 and a 47 heading for the kitchen soon - have only done coaches with oil so far, will be trying on locos as model strip gets in all the grilles etc and can be a devil to get out

Phil

Phil,

Only two Warships?! I have around eight to do...did you fully repaint your " Sprightly" in green?

Read in the paper last week that the olive crop in (I think) Italy and Spain has been severely affected by the weather,make sure the domestic authorities don't see expensive oil in use on models...

Neil

Archived