What a find for an ol' brass basher like me!

Boatman

I only noticed those when I gave it a quick clean.  Now I've totally stripped and cleaned it, I find a spare anvil that can be exchanged for what's in it by poking the fitted one out with a stick through the base.  So, even better value!  Plus I have three spare holes to put home made anvils into.  I got some fine results in a bit of 20 thou brass and even more impressive, 1/16th aluminium!

Beats the hell out of bashing the end of a scriber with a toffee hammer!

Boatman

Can't find anything like it on the net.

It really is a beauty.  The adjustable fence is a precision milled device in brass. The locking screw for it is blued steel!

I'm a very happy old Hector. This'll go with my Prestacon punch which is man enough to cut louvres right through in aluminium for large scale model cars and my little, but strong, short throw punch which I use for pressing guttering out of pewter foil for model buildings.  Each of which cost me less than £2 at similar boot fairs.

Boatman

Decent idea.

Better still might be to drill in from the tip of the plier jaw containing the pin, and tap it for a grubscrew to locate the pin. This might allow the use of different pins. The plier nose would need softening first.

Perhaps the other jaw could be drilled out further to take a small turned anvil? Also located with grubscrew.

Archived