Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Weather pics

Andy Y

Well according to this evening's BBC weather presenter....'The Midlands have had a beautifully sunny day.....eeeerrm.... this is as good as got at Arley this afternoon....

post-20610-0-30442800-1483041065_thumb.jpg

Regards

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 8

Not convinced with the GFS model at longer ranges as it tends to get the snow watchers excited most of the time with cold northerlies or easterlies. Unfortunately it is the model I have to use for longer ranges these days in my personal use. Regarding the late Ian McCaskill - lovely man and I worked with him for a while when he came to Birmingham Airport in the very early 80s. I heard that this was a punishment posting as he was deemed by the then senior management as too "populist" on the TV. Ian soon returned to BBC weather but this was after I left for hotter climes. I was always a bit wary of shaking his hand though - it often gave a a shock! I was also at Birmingham when one of our staff was shot dead one evening in the remote observing office. That was the news I got when, as a young forecaster, I turned up for shift the following morning and had to deal with the police, press, met office bigwigs, and users on the very first senior forecaster shift I ever did. Not my favourite career memory. 

Dark weather.

Be of good cheer Coach! The sun is returning.  I am impressed with how bright Polaris is (and the absence of everything else) in your photograph.

Last evening was clear skies, today.......not quite the same.

My morning drive looked much the same - though the trees were different. Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 2

Few more from me

Again old ones,   carnt seem to upload new ones due to the file size

post-24669-0-00360300-1483134812.jpg

Carlise cathidral

post-24669-0-90124000-1483134848.jpg

blossom on a branch

post-24669-0-06752600-1483134880.jpg

cloud formation on a walk back from college

post-24669-0-44569700-1483135045_thumb.jpg

sunset over the Tyne in 2015 on a wayback from a dayout on the train to york

mark