Blandford at the Warley 2014 show

Come and see Blandford at the Warley show this year ( as in the poster below ) at the NEC. Don't forget it's not just a model railway, but also a working museum attraction. Come to stand C24 ( near the middle), but unfortunately I can't chat while operating, as one thing I can't do is multi-task :sungum: .

post-7336-0-90965000-1411564177.jpg

Would love to see it but Warley too far for a day out. Sorry. Hope to see it at Blandford Museum sometime when I can pop down and stay with friends. Clo

sed last December when I last traipsed down unfortunately.

Yes that was unfortunate, the museum is a charitable trust, and is run by volunteers which means most stewards are only available during school holidays, so it's best to check before you next 'traipse' down, but there is always at least one of us, of the railway group working on or maintaining the layout there, most Wednesday mornings, hope to see you there.

I'll look forward to seeing the point rodding completed-

So will I, it's the first time I've tried 'retro-fitting', as I normally add it as one of the first jobs after laying & wiring the track, I just hope it's done in time. To fit the layout into the available museum space there had to be a certain amount of compromise, and so the layout of the track, and point rodding is a little different to the original scale design, as you probably already know Duncan. :sungum:

• 1 month later...

As an afterthought I might add, that included in our merry band of operators will be Kevin Trim (Dorset Kits), the layout electrician who I can claim as the best professional railway modeller that I am fortunate enough to know, and Bob Downes, one of the last signalmen on the S&DJR. So we have most angles covered - or is that tempting fate ?? Fraught with a few problems due to 'retro-fitting', I'm pleased to announce the point-rodding finished - well as far as it needs to be, just two things missing, the two trap-points on the up sidings, they will have to wait 'till after the event - so don't come up to me and say - 'you know what's missing mate' !!!!!

See all your happy faces at the NEC. :sungum:

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies to all that were expecting to see my happy,smiley face behind, or around the Blandford layout this weekend at the NEC. After looking forward to this event for nigh on two years, I've had to pull out after my sciatica returned with a vengeance a few days ago - how's that for good timing.

Thanks Tim, yes there has been a lot of 'fine tuning', detail work, and improvements.

The capability of the fiddle yard has been increased to include cassettes as well as sidings, and the layout will be run to a specially devised timetable which Steve (Green), one of the clubs full size railway signalmen ( and former signalmen) has put together. So here's hoping the other members/operators can get their heads around it quick enough.

And I just hope they look after my stock !!

• RMweb Gold

I'm positive they will Paul ;) well it's a shame you won't be there but at least it's in good hands with Steve & Kevin, As Fred had to drop out too I hope a couple of the others have got the chance to go as it's a fun weekend and I'll be dropping in tomorrow to see what's new :)

Get well soon and I'm sure it will get more invites to get you out and about with it.

Archived