Heljan Turntable

Austrag

Well, with no replies pending it seems, I dug around for over three hours and found the circuit and with my X250 lenses and a very bright torch the answer is that you can't. The P222T, which is a Common Anode Silicon Dual Switching Diode chip (no memory) and the other one is a PIC16F628A FLASH memory chip so don't play with that one at all. Any resetting is through the programming. Drat!

• RMweb Gold

I was going to furkle around my garage to try to find the instructions for my Heljan turntable, however I've found out I have the older style of turntable, so thats no use.  I have found the manual for your turntable model which suggests that a factory reset is possible.  Take a look and see if it helps:

http://www.Heljan.dk/images/pdf/artikler/service-89121-dcc-turntable.pdf 

I was going to furkle around my garage to try to find the instructions for my Heljan turntable, however I've found out I have the older style of turntable, so thats no use.  I have found the manual for your turntable model which suggests that a factory reset is possible.  Take a look and see if it helps:

http://www.Heljan.dk/images/pdf/artikler/service-89121-dcc-turntable.pdf 

Thanks, I have the instructions here also. In the meantime I will get another one, I had always budgeted for two as the layout requires it eventually but now it will brought forward. The programming of it now is fraught with difficulty as it has a mind of it's own with random movements and stopping at the 180 when calibrating but not when moving to a track stop and also the centre position sometimes becomes the second stop. It may be that the pit sensor is duff. When the new one arrives I can check before I send the offending part back.

BTW the link didn't work for me. Regards David

• 4 years later...

I thought I had a Heljan 70ft turntable! At least that is what it was sold as in ?2010. No real problems to date except it “forgets” it’s programmed stops and needs reprogramming.

When the Hornby MN came out I was surprised to find it did not fit on the turntable. But ok it is a large loco. But now with the arrival of the Lord Nelson I have a second loco which is too big. After advice on another thread of RMweb, I discovered it is only a 61ft 6 inches turntable! It seems it is only a 70ft turntable in HO. 61ft 6ins In 00. So be aware.

post-4181-0-33388000-1548451598_thumb.jpeg

Yes,- I think this is the turntable that I have Barry, although in my case I specifically wanted a small one - the previous occupant of the site on my layout was a butchered 'Dapol' GWR type table reduced to 60' and operated manually. The Heljan model was a definate step up in that respect - and as it is on a branchline the size is more appropriate...

By the way - thats a nice little mpd you have there.

Regards

Steve.

Yes,- I think this is the turntable that I have Barry, although in my case I specifically wanted a small one - the previous occupant of the site on my layout was a butchered 'Dapol' GWR type table reduced to 60' and operated manually. The Heljan model was a definate step up in that respect - and as it is on a branchline the size is more appropriate...By the way - thats a nice little mpd you have there.RegardsSteve.

Thanks Steve. It was the first part of the layout I really started scenicing. Couple more shots below.post-4181-0-78384900-1548458863_thumb.jpegpost-4181-0-25937600-1548458925_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 1