Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

No CME, I used etching primer, this is only a witness coat, but I will not completely strip the old paint off anyway.........I rarely do   :)

Thanks Phill.

How do you keep the detail crisp and/or make the primer adhere well to - in this case - unknown paint source?

I take it that any marks identified by the witness coat will be filled to resolve them?

ATVB

CME

Edited by CME and Bottlewasher

Hi Phill,

Hope you are well, Always nice to see an update of what you have been up to. I like the rat but in the bottom pic looking head on it looks like the headcode is a bit off centre.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Phill,

Hope you are well, Always nice to see an update of what you have been up to. I like the rat but in the bottom pic looking head on it looks like the headcode is a bit off centre.

Cheers Peter.

i can't say I had noticed that Peter, do you mean off center? (the cab roof,headcodes & horns are a one piece whitemetal casting)   :dontknow: ....but thanks, I will investigate further :)

I thought it was going too well in the workshop! lol     :senile:

All the best 

Phill ;)

Edited by Phill Dyson (onslaught832)

i can't say I had noticed that Peter, do you mean off center? (the cab roof,headcodes & horns are a one piece whitemetal casting)   :dontknow: ....but thanks, I will investigate further :)

I thought it was going too well in the workshop! lol     :senile:

All the best 

Phill ;)

Hi Phill,

Sorry about that, there is always someone who wants to ruin your day. lol

It might be the angle of the pic but I think it's in the center  ok but slightly high one side. 

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Not at all Peter :) , I have a feeling I may have to live with it though without major surgery  :O

Cheers Phill  :locomotive:

I am sure once you have worked your magic it will look just fine.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Fantastic thread, enjoyed all your previous pics too.

You might try here for some 25 gen:

http://www.derbysulzers.com/

Failing that, you might want to PM a member here (if he's still here of course), 'Etched Pixels'.  I do recall he was quite a guru on the ins and out of the class 25 locos.  I do know they are a minefield for their minor/ subtle changes within fleet..

HTH, keep up with the pics please.

Cheers

Lee

• Like 2

Great day for me yesterday at the GOG Show Cleckheaton, great to meet up with friends from around the country, Thanks to Mike for the tip about the SR Bogie B Van....just the thing for Withercombe's parcel trains. I also got a bargain from the Bring & Buy, mine was a Low Mac for the princely sum of £8 which will look great in the growing P/Way fleet once it has received some TLC in Withercombe Works......apart from the bargains, I picked up some MK1 bits from Sean @ EasyBuild & Hymek bits from Pete @ PRMRP.

When I got home I gave my pet Rat a blast with BR Blue!

post-6992-0-18432400-1433070384_thumb.jpg

Still a little more filling to do alas, but she's getting there!

Cheers

Phill.

• Like 6

In between filling sessions on the Rat I have been sorting out some of my GOG Cleckheaton purchases. The first one was the 'Southern Bogie  B Van', I'm afraid the lovley S.R. green has been replaced with good old BR grime  :O .....

post-6992-0-06533100-1433269287_thumb.jpg

The £8 Low Mac meanwhile has gained a set of wheels & bearings & it's G.W.R. grey is being replaced by 'Shagged Bauxite' (Withercombe P/W's in house livery lol). I will be weathering this wagon further in between jobs on the Class 25 & will take a pic again when it's finished, but for now here's a pic of where we are at now  :) ............

post-6992-0-42657700-1433269643_thumb.jpg

Oh well, back to the 25 ;)

Phill  :locomotive:

• Like 10

A bit more weathering this morning on the Bogie B Van & Lowmac before I get on with the Class 25.

The Bogie B Van is finished now I think, I may possibly add a cleaned patch of BR blue showing a cleaned running number ? .......the Lowmac has had it's underframe weathered & some worn wood effects on the decking & rust on the steel panels...........

post-6992-0-40654600-1433325363_thumb.jpg

Phill :)

• Like 6

A bit more weathering this morning on the Bogie B Van & Lowmac before I get on with the Class 25.

The Bogie B Van is finished now I think, I may possibly add a cleaned patch of BR blue showing a cleaned running number ? .......the Lowmac has had it's underframe weathered & some worn wood effects on the decking & rust on the steel panels...........

attachicon.gif20150603_103749.jpg

Hi Phil,

great job on the weathering- will you be adding any 'chalk markings'?

cheers

Mike

• Like 1

attachicon.gif20150603_103749.jpg

Apart from the clean bit around the number, Phil, you need a half-cleaned quarter-circle around each door handle, where some poor sod's sleeve's wiped it in passing.

• Like 2

I'm thinking western region favorite 25225 for the Rat? :scratchhead:

Like this old pic of mine I posted earlier but without the domino's for 1974/5 .......

post-6992-0-30930000-1433350894.jpg

As far as I can ascertain their is no cosmetic difference between 25/1's & 25/2's?.....unless anyone can tell me otherwise?(the kit is intended as a 25/1 I think but my loco choice is a 25/2)

Cheers Phill :)

• Like 2