Marleigh 0 gauge (changing again) whoops

spenc

Hi Craig

They are looking great just a few more bits to put on,got to sort out how to couple the 108 together might try wire with loops on each end ? Then next job is doing the layout while I save up for the next kit.

Steve

Edited by spenc

If I remember rightly, not at home at the moment to look, I used these http://www.kadee.com/htmbord/page740_745.htm

Don't forget that the coupling moves in the draft box to allow the coupling to swing and to move forwards as well to allow it to take sharper curves. You will need to experiment with the draft box position to get the closeness you want but if you use the corridor connectors it puts pressure on the set to move apart and then the couplers move in the draft box so possibly you will need to fix them in position to stop this.

I have 40 in radius curves on my layout and the couplings work well and when set right they avoid buffer lock nicely.

I'd concur, the combination of corridor connectors and Kadees seems to offer sweet respite from buffer locking.

I'm in the middle of a set of four JLTRT toplights, which I have fitted with Kadees within the rake. The buffer beams and corridor connectors will happen over the next month or two, so if you're not in a hurry, drop into Porth Dinllaen (link below), and follow progress.

Best

Simon

Hi

Day of today so I striped the layout put the backboard on then relaid the track it's like the one I did before spenford clay layout I liked that one so I decided to redo it.

post-11944-0-45530300-1444934433_thumb.jpg

That's the track plan along the back will be the usual building's run round loop front will be single line to the small halt bridge to the fiddle yard this time it will have single arch at the front double at back.

post-11944-0-04723100-1444934454_thumb.jpg

Station will be long enough for two car DMU.

post-11944-0-99796400-1444934470_thumb.jpg

Track side shed and signalbox both peco signalbox undecided to have as in use or shut.

Steve

• Like 5

Hi Craig

I only had track down last night I was looking at my old topic twice I liked that one so today I decided to redo it so it will have a clay work's it will have freight and passenger I will try and copy Spenford Halt.

Steve

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just a little update track wired and rails painted started doing the platform edges glued put the Base on where the sheds are going.

Steve

post-11944-0-48994400-1447008985_thumb.jpg

Top right is where the bag shed bottom right clay sheds top left platform two car length.

post-11944-0-42938400-1447008998_thumb.jpg

Bridge sorry pictures look blur trying to get them to fit

Edited by spenc
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...

Well it's been 2 months and still nothing done today a class 31 joined the fleet its a green one and it's going to be painted blue i have ordered some bits from PH Designs and still nothing is going to be done Wednesday i had a fall on ice at work hit the back of my head/back and right hand resulting in a plaster cast there's a bone which they think is broken they think it could be six week before it gets removed so no modelling i have only been off 2 days and I am bored.i have kit's to pick up at Bristol I will be there son in law taking me i will be the one in plaster.

Steve

Hi Steve, I fully understand your frustrations, I have been collecting a few items for my planned branchline section, my "dithering" thread is set to be resurrected very soon, I don't like putting things on it just for the sake of it !!! so I have waited till something constructive can be posted, but I had the same problem with 4mm, it is real life getting in the way of modelling, but I don't let myself get frustrated anymore.

Happy modelling

Craig.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good day at Bristol on Sunday picked up 2 easybuild BGs,Skytrex resin buildings,platform edges,kadees,cobalt digital point motor and a laser cut waiting room kit then I have the 31 which has got to be painted but still cannot make a start been to hospital today about my hand i have got a hairline fracture so another month off

Edited by spenc

Hi Craig

It was good to make it great show yes I did see the 101 it looks good had a chat with Shawn still more work to do on it I was only there for about 3 hours as son in law took me so got my stuff had a look at the layouts which was great wish I had more space sorry no picture's I will have a lot to do when my hand gets better.did you go?.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Yes they are easy to build they are going to be painted B/G I was thinking of doing one all over blue but I will be getting some more so one of them can be blue.

All over blue I could manage, it's the masking for blue/grey that defeats me.

I suppose my solution is to backdate the layout about 10 years so I can still use my TOPS numbered 33, and a blue DMU instead of a blue/grey one.

Once I settle on a track plan, of course ... waiting for the Peco 'setrack' points still for that before I can really progress anywhere.

Masking.

Don't use that horrid sticky-paper stuff that works well for canvas when applied to roofs and over painted.

I have had some success on my GW stock using "Frog tape" which is like a very thin insulating tape, with a rather less annoying glue. I have not tried it, but the Tamiya tape is well recommended.

HTH

Simon

• Like 1