RMweb

Spalding Exhibition 15/16th Nov 2014

Thomas Wright

post-9502-0-56325300-1413661334.jpgpost-9502-0-53578800-1413661342.jpg

Just under a month until the Spalding Model Railway Club Exhibition 2014.

15th and 16th November 2014

Springfields Event Centre, Camelgate, Spalding, PE12 6ET, just off the A16
next to the Outlet Shopping Centre.

Please note that Spalding Station is served by trains on the Saturday only, there is no Sunday service.

Opening times:
9.30-10 a.m. for disabled and wheelchair visitors only.
Then for general public: Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 10am - 4.30pm. 

Admission Adults £7.00, OAP's £6.00, Children £3.00, Family ticket 2 adults plus up to 3 children £17.00

There is also a free programme included with the entrance ticket courtesy of our sponsors D&E Videos, Hornby Magazine, Kyteslights and Cheltenham Model Centre.

Over 30 Layouts booked to attend (Correct at the time of listing, but subject to change if circumstances dictate), these are:

Hassell Harbour Bridge  [Alsager Railway Association - O gauge]    

Maloia    [Glyn Jones  -  HOm]

Marske    [Martin Smith  -  O gauge]    

Burnham on Sea    [Alastair Knox  -  N gauge]    

Dagnell End    [Redditch MRC  -  OO gauge]    

New Hey    [Andy Cooper  -  EM gauge]    

Racoon Canyon Mining    [Tony Kell  -  On30]    

Borchester Market    [Newhaven MRC  -  OO gauge]    

Melton Mowbray North    [John Spence -  N gauge]    

Dawton New Street    [David Evans  -  N gauge]    

Ballyconnel Road    [stephen Moor  -  3mm scale]    

Colinton    [Alistair Dickson  -  P4]   

Whiteoak Light Railway    [Martin Coombs  -  O-16.5]   

Helmthwaite & Chapel Lane    [st Neots MRC  -  O gauge]    

Grumstick & Dipplewick    [bev Rawlings  -  OO/O]   

Georgemas Junction    [George Woodcock  -  OO]  

Aisthorpe    [Lincoln MRC  -  O gauge]    

Wingfield Junction    [David Down  -  OO gauge]    

Broadford    [ian Hunter  -  HO scale]    

Belmont shed    [Graham Smith  -  N scale]    

Crickey    [Peter Boyt  -  OO/HO]    

Gamle Carlsberg    [Tony & Kate Bennett  -  O-16.5]    

Creek Grone & Rattleswick    [Gerry Riggs  -  O-16.5]    

Thurston    [Ely & District MRC  -  OO gauge]    

North Bridge    [Mike Kelly  -  OO gauge]    

Orange River     [Hallelujah Players -  Fn3]    

Neiderfell    [brian & Ann Silby  -  N gauge]    

Tates Railway    [Graham Morfoot  -  OO/OO9]    

Mers Les Bains    [Pete & John Smith  -  Gauge 1]    

Tolzdorf    [David O'Rourke  -  German N gauge]    

Twelvetrees Junction    [Mike Wild, Hornby Magazine -  OO]    

Summer Springs    [Andrew Knights -  OO]

New for this year there is a live steam demonstration outside with the Bicker and Donington Light Railway.

• 3 weeks later...

Under 2 weeks until the 25th annual exhibition. 

This year we have demonstrations from:

Roy Hickman - A regular demonstrator at our show. Buildings and scenery expert.

Howard Leader - Scratch-building demonstrations.

Paul Chetter - DCC Sound Demonstration

Bob Bishop.

Alongside this there is a wide range of trade support, that can be viewed at www.spaldingmodelrailwayclub.org.uk 

Being my 'local' show I always support it, but wonder if you had considered a 'two day' ticket at something over the one day price for those who would like to attend both days?

You would save on the excellent show booklet by only having to issue one, and the Club and Traders would benefit from extra 'spend' over two days  You wouldn't have to issue two tickets either as you could perhaps use a rubber stamp on the Saturday ticket with '2-Day', or something similar on it.

Hello

Just a reminder that Georgemas Jct will be attending in its updated DCC sound incarnation. Anybody visiting please say hello, John and I will be pleased to see you.

Cheers

George 

Am assuming it's free parking as usual.

am assuming Edward has his usual decent picks lined up,and the Springfield shopping centre is nearby, so you can con the wife into an Xmas shop......Plenty of food to check out within 5 mins walk too.Aim the wife at the clothes shops....M+S, Romans,Klass,Cotton Traders or the many shoes shops, Clarks etc etc, should give you plenty of time to look around, and if she spends there......you should get to spend here......sneak sneaky catch monkey.........and if you need a sweet break Thorntons.........There is also an in house restaurant, and a close by smoking point.

and for anyone interested in real sounds ...I can thoroughly recommend Paul Chetter.

Like the idea of a two day ticket.....but if you lose it!!!!!!!!!

Am assuming it's free parking as usual.

am assuming Edward has his usual decent picks lined up,and the Springfield shopping centre is nearby, so you can con the wife into an Xmas shop......Plenty of food to check out within 5 mins walk too.Aim the wife at the clothes shops....M+S, Romans,Klass,Cotton Traders or the many shoes shops, Clarks etc etc, should give you plenty of time to look around, and if she spends there......you should get to spend here......sneak sneaky catch monkey.........and if you need a sweet break Thorntons.........There is also an in house restaurant, and a close by smoking point.

and for anyone interested in real sounds, or even a Thomas the Tank engine sound ...I can thoroughly recommend Paul Chetter.

Like the idea of a two day ticket.....but if you lose it!!!!!!!!!

Yes it is free parking at the events centre for visitors to the exhibition as per previous years, hope to see you all around. Thanks!

• RMweb Premium

This is a super show. I went last year but can not go this year as I am doing a modelling workshop in Derby.

However, the parking area is excellent, the Cafe is comfortable, efficient and friendly with good choice and the venue is warm and has carpets if I remember correctly. 

When I went the layouts were top quality and that is the norm I am informed. Traders......plenty and top notch too.

One warning, take a big wallet and make sure it is full because you will want to spend, spend, spend!

One of the best shows I've been to in recent years.

I can also confirm that Mr Chetter's sounds are very very good indeed.

No connection to the organisation/club.

Phil @ 36E

This is a super show. I went last year but can not go this year as I am doing a modelling workshop in Derby.

However, the parking area is excellent, the Cafe is comfortable, efficient and friendly with good choice and the venue is warm and has carpets if I remember correctly. 

When I went the layouts were top quality and that is the norm I am informed. Traders......plenty and top notch too.

One warning, take a big wallet and make sure it is full because you will want to spend, spend, spend!

One of the best shows I've been to in recent years.

I can also confirm that Mr Chetter's sounds are very very good indeed.

No connection to the organisation/club.

Phil @ 36E

LOL I love you latest avatar, that is one annoyed duck!!!!!!!!! :triniti:

We are not members of the club either. But they do do a good do.... :jester:

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there But SWMBO won't be, she found that the shoping centre isn't enough to keep her occupied while I'm "playing trains"

• RMweb Premium

But it's even got a Miniature Railway now. Would that not keep her occupied?

unless it's got fur and goes woof no,

see avatar!

• RMweb Premium

I hope you have a BIG back garden.......

1.5 acres!!!  mostly to lawn/ jungle? Which is one of the reasons I don't have enough time to do more on the railway, but it will allow a garden track the planning authorites (SWMBO) have allowed for a loop of about 100 yards.

I don't have to worry about the woofs but other wildlife in the garden may be a problem, deer, squirels, stoats, cats, rabbits, owls, pigeons, Marsh Harriers and a lot of leaves on the line (it's an old orchard).

Anyway back to the show, I'll be there at opening time, I agree it's one of the best I've been too, I just retire to the cafe during the lunch time rush hour and have my second tour round when the crowds have reduced.

• RMweb Premium

Just back from the show enjoyed it alot, particulary liked one of the smallest layouts New Cut! But that may be because I'll be out sailing on the Norfolk Broads again tomorrow.

bought some second hand stock, sorry no pictures battery problems!

How come if you arrive first they park you furthest from the entrance!!

Archived