Wanted to buy a DCC Controller tonight but hit a brick wall!

I am an old school fart, or should that be just old fart?  Either way I dislike intensely the huge hand held controllers, I started with the Digitrax Zephyr and I love the layout of the controls, a proper lever for direction and brake (if required) and a nice big lever for throttle...........and if I need to "wander" a bit I have the small hand throttle which is just basic controls.

I have played with the NCE and that type and just not felt right.....just my opinion of course, but then my opinion is always correct! ;)

Eventually I will upgrade to a desktop controller like the Roco or ECoS..........but for now the Zephyr controls perfectly and my old laptop and SPROG programmes easily.

Sunday morning surmon finished...........lets go play trains! :danced:

Hi,

Nice to read your post as it does of course echo my thoughts totally.

As you will have read in mine above i've now got a Super Empire Builder Extra waiting to go into use. I've only had a bit of a play with it but i've got to say how nice the 402 hand held is to use. Its got twin controls so is nice for shunting.

If you can try and have a go with one before next purchase.

If you were near enough to me you'd be welcome to come and have play with my controller.

And of course all fully compatible with what you already have

Regards

Archived