Alan Gibson

Arthur Budd

Will Gibson actually do PayPal? 

I used to use Dave Cleal, Mainly Trains in Devon as my source for Gibson wheels but he no longer carries carriage and wagon wheels as part of his downsizing.  It was convenient, VAT deducted and he had a secure website for credit card. This worked well for about 20 years.

I now need a substitute source.

I don't mind a 3%-4% surcharge for PayPal if the vendor does not have a secure ordering site. 

Other Recommendations are requested. PM through this site if you need to.

thx

Will Gibson actually do PayPal? 

I used to use Dave Cleal, Mainly Trains in Devon as my source for Gibson wheels but he no longer carries carriage and wagon wheels as part of his downsizing.  It was convenient, VAT deducted and he had a secure website for credit card. This worked well for about 20 years.

I now need a substitute source.

I don't mind a 3%-4% surcharge for PayPal if the vendor does not have a secure ordering site. 

Other Recommendations are requested. PM through this site if you need to.

thx

I'm not certain, but you could always email Colin and ask him

I'm not certain, but you could always email Colin and ask him

My approach from the USA has been to send a letter outlining the order and setting out my ctedit card details in a pdf formatted file. The scurrilous villains seem unable to decode those details and Colin can charge the cost from those details. I have spent some serious money doing this and not been ripped off, so it seems to work. HTH

Best,

Marcus

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

A word of thanks to Colin. Despite some problems he has delivered a very large order of wheels to me today - before his "hoped" for date. Brilliant!

Baz

Archived