Possible CR Jumbo kit from 52F Models

Mad McCann

Pete Stanger of 52F models is proposing to add more Scottish prototypes to his range of kits.

Builders of Pete's NB/NE kits will be familiar with the quality of them.

In the first instance he is proposing a kit for the Caledonian Railway's Jumbo 0-6-0 but at least fifteen expressions of interest will be required to make the idea viable.

If you are interested, please contact Pete via the 52F Models address, indicating preferred gauge and quantity of kits.

I've no connection other than as a satisfied user of previous products and a desire to see some modern kits for Caledonian and other Scottish prototypes in due course!

Pete Stanger of 52F models is proposing to add more Scottish prototypes to his range of kits.

Builders of Pete's NB/NE kits will be familiar with the quality of them.

In the first instance he is proposing a kit for the Caledonian Railway's Jumbo 0-6-0 but at least fifteen expressions of interest will be required to make the idea viable.

If you are interested, please contact Pete via the 52F Models address, indicating preferred gauge and quantity of kits.

I've no connection other than as a satisfied user of previous products and a desire to see some modern kits for Caledonian and other Scottish prototypes in due course!

Hi,

I hope that this will not seem like a micky take but I assure you its a serious enquiry.

My family operate several layouts that we exhibit including a 'Thomas' layout to entertain the kids at shows.

Two of the biggest ommisions from our loco fleet are Donald and Douglass who were supposed to be ex Caledonian locos.

Being a Western/Southern modeller I cant answer my own question which is, do you know whether the 'jumbo' is what the twins were nased on.

If such a kit would enable me to build these two for the layout (kids often ask about them) i'll be more than happy to boost the numbers by preordering two kits.

Many Thanks

Regards

Hi,

I hope that this will not seem like a micky take but I assure you its a serious enquiry.

My family operate several layouts that we exhibit including a 'Thomas' layout to entertain the kids at shows.

Two of the biggest ommisions from our loco fleet are Donald and Douglass who were supposed to be ex Caledonian locos.

Being a Western/Southern modeller I cant answer my own question which is, do you know whether the 'jumbo' is what the twins were nased on.

If such a kit would enable me to build these two for the layout (kids often ask about them) i'll be more than happy to boost the numbers by preordering two kits.

Many Thanks

Regards

I believe that the Twins were actually 812 class 0-6-0s but why let that get in the way of further expressions of interest?

Do we now have two groups looking to get an etched brass Caledonian Jumbo kit produced, there have been discussions over on Modellers United (and the S4 Society) web sites regarding Alistair Wright producing this kit, with indications that the design has been underway for quite a few months now.

Or is this the same requirement, by the same group, but now switched to 52F as a manufacturer rather than Alistair Wright (ex 5522 models).

Clarification would be appreciated.

As I understand it, it is the same group so just the one Caley Jumbo kit. Pete has said he is interested in doing more Scottish kits so what is the point in two '21st century' Caley Jumbos being produced. Other Caley locos look likely too.

Contact should be with Pete Stanger at 52F models. 

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

I don't think that Jim Smellie has any current intentions of producing a Jumbo.  According to his website, his next loco kit will be a Class 300 (a Pickersgill 0-6-0).

In response to TheWeatheringMan, Donald and Douglas were indeed based on the CR Class 812 and there is a kit available for that from Jim Smellie at Caley Coaches.

DT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...