KH's Wagon and Coach Bodgings - GWR Provender Wagon, Wild Boar Models Cordon DD4

knobhead

Time for wagons and coaches. First out is the Coopercraft GWR Provender wagon kit. There's a useful drawing (among other things) in 'GWR Goods Wagons' I'm building it with DC1 brakes and offset V-hanger. Have just started work on the brake gear.

post-12040-0-70557000-1415290884_thumb.jpg

Hi Stefan

Good to see you making more items that I need. I have two of these waiting to be built and will also fit the DC1 brakes so I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Now should I make mine sooner rather than later so we can compare results. :scratchhead: Not really the weather for getting the old airbrush out though is it?

Looking good so far though and yet another thread to keep my eye on.

Jim

While waiting for bits to appear in the mailbox, I've made a start on the 3D printed DD4 and removed unwanted details; tool box, springs, V-hanger, brake lever, buffers and coupling pocket. Haven't really decided how to detail it, will have a closer look in 'GWR Goods Wagons',  the article in FRMR and a couple of threads on here.

post-12040-0-81019500-1415459652_thumb.jpg

Stefan

We seem to have remarkably similar tastes as I have a part built Jidenco version of the DD4, you do have this knack of making me feel guilty for having so many incomplete models stored away.

One day I will catch up and complete them all.

I'll be interested to see how this one turns out as well.

Jim

ps, I like that big crane that Wild boar make.

Still waiting for the bits needed for the Provender wagon and Cordon. In order to keep myself entertained a decision was made to build a Coke wagon, for which all bits are present (except transfers) The prototype was built by the Gloucester Wagon Company for the Bargoed Coal Company in 1874. There's photo and drawings in the March 1961 issue of the Model Railway News. Plastic is the main building material along with brass detailing parts, mainly from Mainly Trains. Will make the brake gear tonight.

post-12040-0-59379600-1415990562_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my hands on another camera (Casio Exilim) not the world's best, but certainly better than the previous piece of s--t. Most of the Microscale rivets in place, just a few more left to add.

post-12040-0-52673000-1418157578_thumb.jpg

Archived