RMweb

Modern station building

I am looking for a modern looking station building, not a big one, but of the type often seen around the network these days.  All the main manufacturers seem to produce the old style buildings.

Does anyone know of such a building or something that can be made fairly easily..its for a 00 layout.

Hi just seen your post, I built the most of the buildings on " new bryford and blackmill",

I had the same problem that there was nothing that look right so I just made them up, both layouts were built with modern station buildings on ( Blackmill a very " renovated" look on top of crappy 1970 look architecture) and ( new bryford is more contemporary look with big glass windows)

Why not have a try a scratch building some thing ?

even something small like the waiting room on the platform on Blackmill was a lot easier than I thought that it was going to be,

The problem is there aren't may kits or resin casting ( skaledale) style things on the market!

Both layouts are well photographed over the years and there are plenty of photos on the rm web tread if your interested!

Cheers spike

As has already been said Scalescenes are doing a modern kit for the building, however if you want some modern shelters Bachmann has just brought out a twin pack of shelters, or Heljan have made a kit for a modern station platform along with shelter and fittings. Also if you look on the Shapeways web site you can find a set of modern ticket barriers to put inside a modern building with large areas of glass.

Archived