Hunslet 150 - DVD now available!

AMJ

he3904%20jack%20lane%20he%20work%20site.

To whet your appetite......

In 2015 at the Middleton Railway we are in the process of organising a gala on a par with the 200 years of steam in 2012.  This will take place on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th July.

At this event we will cwlwbrate 150 years since the first loco was produced by the Hunslet Engine Co. rather than 150 years since the company was founded.

Appropriate Hunslet locomotives will be operating and are likely to include 2' gauge steam locomotive(s) operating in Leeds.

If you are or know any former employees of Hunslet Engine Co please contact the Middleton Railway via the website as we are trying to get as many surviving members of staff together.

Locomotives (standard and narrow gauge) to be confirmed closer to the event.

Photo of Jack Lane on Jack Lane..

[Edit - added the dates asabove.]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be at the Apedale Gala on 16th & 17th May to promote this event.  The Apedale gala has a "Made in Leeds" theme where they intend to operate products from the various Leeds builders......  Makes a nice prequel to the HE150 gala.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

he%203902%201971%20trangkill%204%20aj.jp

As you might have seen the two 2 foot gauge locomotives have been mentioned in other publications as
Irish Mail
and
Trangkil 4
both steaming on original Hunslet works site.

I'll be at apedale all next weekend where I'll be taking orders for Hunslet 150 T shirts selling advanced tickets and copies of my new book Leeds in Steam will be available.

Ah yes points to Mike for correctly guessing the last austerity built by Hunslet comes home.

The last guest is being firmed up and could be a diesel, a steam or a suggestion of an Austerity sub contracted outside Leeds.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Taken from our official site as above

Visiting Engines

Irish Mail Dinorwic Quarry No. 823 of 1903

Beatrice Hunslet No. 2705 of 1945

Trangkil No.4 No. 3902 of 1971

NCB No. 66 Hunslet Austerity 0-6-0ST No. 3890

Hunslet/LH Group No. 9386 or 9387

Plus forgot to mention an Austerity from Scotland that has yet to run in England!

• 4 weeks later...

The polo shirts are now starting to arrive from the factory.  If you want one to wear for the event please see the main 150 gala website.  This weekend I was wearing both shades of green at the model railway show.

A week to go and 66 is arriving today.

EDIT 66 has come home to Leeds and was photographed outside the Engine House at our Moor Road site today.In a proper NCB livery rather than a fake BR black.

post-9134-0-42032300-1436630567.jpg

Classic bus services run from Leeds to us during the day.

From outside Mecca by bus station and by the railway station on Aire Street.

One double and a single decker are running.

Weather forecast is good for Leeds all weekend.

The narrow gauge tracks were laid just before the locomotives arrived at the Jack Lane site.

Article about the railway will be shown on the Made in Leeds TV channel.

See you at the weekend.

Archived