Shapeways sale

• RMweb Gold

I wondered if this might be of interest to anyone.

---------------------

Get 20% off your own designs with code DESIGN20.

Get $10 Store Credit when you shop the marketplace.

Terms & Conditions

Both offers expire Sunday November 30 at 11:59pm PST.

DESIGN20 Promotion: 20% discount applies only to 3D prints of your own designs, not products from the Shapeways marketplace, when you enter promo code DESIGN20. It is non-transferable and valid once per customer with a maximum discount of $100. If you order a model during the promotion period that cannot be printed, we cannot apply discounts to future orders (even if these models are repaired). If you return your purchase, you will be refunded the amount paid.

Store Credit Offer: $10 store credit will be granted for ordering a product from a Shapeways shop other than your own between 8:00pm on November 26 and 11:59pm on November 30 (PST). Credits are limited to one per customer and will be distributed via email December 2-5, 2014.

Mmmm put your prices up and then need a sale? interesting marketing techniques...

Has nothing to do with the new pricing system.

This happens every year, multiple promotions during Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

Cheers,

Mitchell

ps. note we didn't put the prices up, we changed the pricing system (yes I know that miniatures have unfortunately been affected negatively, but for others prices actually went down)

If you 3D print in 1:45 you will notice that prices actually went down by around 20%

Yeah, sale is great, already had a problem because a separate detail part of a very big item (a passenger car body) was too small, so rejected.  I've fixed the item by spruing the couple of small detail pieces to be printed separately (which to be fair, i should have done anyways), but now i can't re-order with the discount because its one time per customer.

Sigh, I've emailed customer service to see if they can help, hopefully we can do something, because i only placed the order because of the discount, I'd been holding out on testing this item waiting on a FUD sale coming along to drive down the costs of a test print to see if it worked or not.

-Stephen

create a second order :) email customer service and ask them to combine it with the first order (they'll refund the shipping costs).

As for warning you, sorry we won't tell people up in front when we will do our promotions.

However, for next year you can expect something similar (just like previous years we do a Black Friday promotion and a Cyber Monday promotion).

• RMweb Gold

Actually, I had myself up late... Trying to do too many things in one day. I'll do exactly that and see if I can order a couple more things before the end of today.

Thanks for the info Mitchell.

Cheers

Jason

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The green light waited and another sale has turned up in my in-box for designers. I'm busy finishing my D3...

Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014

Edited to say, just realised it's WSF - oh well.

• RMweb Gold

Same here Simon. From the tracking info, my stuff has been touring New York with the US Postal Service for the last six days. I assumed at the cost of postage I paid they'd have couriered it. I'm going to take advantage of this offer after all and get a couple of tests done.

It's a pity they have had total system closure since yesterday, but hopefully it will mean more special offers after Christmas. I prefered the 'free postage' offers but can undrstand that to get bigger orders a percentage deduction offer makes more sense. Justifying getting some new tests done is more difficult.

Sorry for the downtime :(

Just so you know what happened, a message from our community team which was posted on Facebook on Saturday:

==

"This morning our data center went down, taking Shapeways.com and any other sites hosted there with it. Our data center team, as well as the Shapeways tireless tech team, are working hard on a solution. We hope to be online sometime early tomorrow morning around 6am Eastern, and will keep you updated here as things progress.

This is a data center issue that was unexpected and out of our control. We are just as frustrated as you are by this downtime, and we thank you for your incredible patience. We will keep everyone updated on our social channels as we come back online."

==

The good news is that Sunday morning we were back online :)

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for that. I was halfway through uploading something and thought I'd broken it - I once took out some ATMs when working for a bank in the UK, erm, a couple of times. ;-/

Good to see you're back, I've an upload happening today.

Merry Christmas.

Archived