Douglas Creek, SD

GWR88

When you look from afar, the trailers don't look to bad but up close they're an odd mix of measurements but they pass muster. The problem with getting mini-metals trailers is i cant get them easily in the UK and i don't fancy paying import costs due to a limited budget. On another note, what company is it that does lasercut derails and such that's based in Canada? I remember you saying about them in another topic but i can't recall which one!

All the best,

Lloyd

Thanks Adrian, 

Whilst waiting for paint to dry on the distribution warehouse, i decided to try and make a derail and switchstand. So far they look ok even if i've given them a quick (and shoddy) coat of paint (its ok their just prototypes. |I will build the proper ones later on). I'm also going to start making blue flags, red flags, green flags and yellow flags. Also maybe speed restriction signs etc. I'm hoping that if they turn out ok, i could maybe sell a few and raise a few pennies for the layout. What does anyone think of this plan?

Enough waffling, heres the rather quickly built prototype derail and switchstand...

post-19101-0-42416900-1417636667_thumb.jpg

All the best,

Lloyd

Most distribution warehouses I've seen would have more, closer-spaced loading doors than that.https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=43.705395,-79.688017&spn=0.003133,0.004801&t=h&z=18 BTW. It would be hard to load that container as the door is at the near end of the trailer. ;) Adrian

Rule #1 for container transport - make sure the crane puts it on your trailer the right way around!!! ;)

Jordan i think i have some news that will please you...i recently had one of my locos go wrong and i'm hoping to have it swapped for a differant loco. The only modern diesel loco they have left in stock is a SOO line apple red/white SD60. Hmmmm hopefully they'll swap...

Meanwhile, i've spent the evening making up blue flags, red flags and green flags for Douglas Creek and a few extra in case anyone wants to contribute a few pennies towards the layout :)

All the best,

Lloyd

Jordan why would paint over such a lovely livery? I must admit i do have a soft spot for SOO locos but BNSF liveries will never be replaced in my heart! (Unless your talking about vomitbonnets in which case you'll end up with a good kicking!) :nono:

Lloyd

Jordan i think i have some news that will please you...i recently had one of my locos go wrong and i'm hoping to have it swapped for a differant loco. The only modern diesel loco they have left in stock is a SOO line apple red/white SD60. Hmmmm hopefully they'll swap...

Meanwhile, i've spent the evening making up blue flags, red flags and green flags for Douglas Creek and a few extra in case anyone wants to contribute a few pennies towards the layout :)

All the best,

Lloyd

I just a full-size one of those today. A bit worse for wear at this point, but still a beautiful locomotive.

Oh do tell us more, please!! - with pictures if possible! :yes: :locomotive:

Unfortunately, while it was sitting by a platform I couldn't find a place to park. So no pictures. But it was the third engine in a consists along with a ICE SD40-2 and CP SD60M.

Unfortunately, while it was sitting by a platform I couldn't find a place to park. So no pictures. But it was the third engine in a consists along with a ICE SD40-2 and CP SD60M.

The only ones I've seen recently are CEFX leasers, with the SOO name lined out.

Adrian

Hmmmm never liked the bandit scheme. In fact, i never really liked the Milwaukee RR!

UPDATE..

I've still been working on the distribution centre as the roof decided to warp upwards and make a pyramid! On a lighter note, my amazing ebay bargain turned up today...4 mint atlas evans 53' boxcars! I think i now count as a darksider after i realized how much stock i have. (Sorry for the bad photo. It was taken on my phone).

post-19101-0-62238100-1417820637_thumb.jpg

Work continues...

Lloyd

Sorry for not making it clear k-59. Its all peco code 55 finescale track.

Now the paint has dried on the distribution centre i made, i think it looks really awful. As a result, it will not be being used so i know have the front of the layout to re-plan somehow. Anyone have any ideas as to what could go along the frontage?

lloyd

If you still want a distribution centre, take a look at the Micro Engineering 'Transworld Truck Terminal' or the Pikestuff 'Truck Terminal' kits, both relatively cheap and with a fairly small footprint (although neither is rail-served). The Pikestuff kits go together a bit better than the ME ones and are more modular.

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/255-55002

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/541-8004

Or possibly http://www.rixproducts.com/distribution_center_n_scale.htm

Adrian

Thanks for the idea Dan. I take it that a transload facility would have an office to deal with paperwork? Meanwhile at Douglas Creek, i've given the rail served warehouse its first coat of paint

post-19101-0-06014800-1417970077_thumb.jpg

Also, some new motive power rolled up yesterday by the creek

post-19101-0-14582300-1417970135_thumb.jpg

Boston and Maine 2360 switching the yard

All the best,

Lloyd

Archived