using

4-6-0T Baldwins

WW1 bogie wagons on standard military bogies of WW1  period 

they used a four coaches made by Gloucester RCW also on the same bogies 

So I am looking for a cheap way of getting a few as 

a/ Bachmanns won't be releasing theirs until 2016

b/ I doubt I will be able to afford more than one

So can anyone help me where to get  a decent chassis and maybe a few bogie kits

I am  not  sure  if  this  is  appropriate to  your  requirements  but  some  items  in  the   Minitrains  H0e  range  may  be  adaptable, Several Retailers  are  listing  these in  their  NG  sections, ( Gaugemaster,  Frizinghall,   and I beleive  there  is  a  list  of  all UK stockists on the Minitrains  website)

There is no 4-6-0T  or even  an 0-6-0 in the  range, ( but there is  an 0-8-0)

Also  a  suitable  N Gauge   loco chassis  may be usable for  a  scratch build loco?

• RMweb Gold

Only suggestion would be to join NGRM online and ask on there and the most common answer will be :-

The 009 society second hand sales can help search for specific items if you're a member as you can put a request in with them and they notify when some come in but you'd need to join first. From your location I suspect Shepton Mallet in February is going to be a long shot as their secondhand sales stand attends with lots of stuff to peruse but no guarantee of specific railways stock.

Thanks for the ideas now to find someone local to me stocking spare parts etc

not sure about you guys but locally I have a couple of shops one very small one man operation where I try to buy everything I need and then I have Rails not 12 miles away

will be hoping SWMBO will let me get that Gem kit and the required Graham Farish chassis though puzzled as to which one as two website both have different chassis quoted 

Will be looking at OO9 society though not sure just how deep I am going to go as I tend to do most of my modelling in OO / 4mm 

I would recomend a better way of getting a Baldwin would be the 

Chris ward 3d printed body

http://www.cwrailways.com/009-ng.html

the RT models Valve gear

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt_models_015.htm

and a farish chassis.

looks nice and runs great

Owen

I have one of these need to work on the chassis & valve gear

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mozzer36/sets/72157648346634920/

Minitrix N Gauge locos are a good bet for donor chassis'. Plenty of 2-6-0s on Ebay. I used one years ago and it was fine and good quality.

Everyone thanks but when I put this up I did say  Looking for a CHEAPISH OO9 loco I have been amazed at some of the prices on Ebay for some of the small loco's at multiple of hundreds of pounds 

So still looking for that cheapish loco 

Everyone thanks but when I put this up I did say  Looking for a CHEAPISH OO9 loco I have been amazed at some of the prices on Ebay for some of the small loco's at multiple of hundreds of pounds 

Unfortunately  Railway  Modelling  is  not  a  cheap  hobby, it is  tru  that  there  are  bargains  to  be  had, if one  keeps  an  eye on  the  various  websites and  search  out  the  'Bargains'  section 

The  UK  Market prices  are  quite  reasonable  when  compared  with some Continental & USA outline  models,      As  far  as  EBAY  is  concerned there  are  bargains  there as  well, I use   EBAY  extensively   both  to  purchase  and  sell

Unfortunately  Railway  Modelling  is  not  a  cheap  hobby, it is  tru  that  there  are  bargains  to  be  had, if one  keeps  an  eye on  the  various  websites and  search  out  the  'Bargains'  section 

The  UK  Market prices  are  quite  reasonable  when  compared  with some Continental & USA outline  models,      As  far  as  EBAY  is  concerned there  are  bargains  there as  well, I use   EBAY  extensively   both  to  purchase  and  sell

Very True Stevelewis

I am not a neophyte when it comes to modelling having had railways since 196x something when a loco from Tri-ang would cost 17/6d   

ad my brother and I would race out of school to got to the toy shop where our mum worked where the owner would turn on the TT layout (provided by Tri-ang ) for us to play with 

therefore we got Wrenn models as soon as they came into the shop 

Nowadays being as you can see from my icon disabled and not working I tend to try to get everything as economically as possible  in that stance my layout  (20 foot x 12 foot) is very much a scratch built work of the last 15 years 

So getting bored thought that I would extend into narrow gauge so this thread is to help me explore the market and I have found out lots from other narrow gauge threads too and I thank you all 

If it Cheep then this loco cost under £30 for the parts

16028200292_65a1cb6d3c_c.jpg

007 by Mozzer models, on Flickr

see here for the build

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93702-worsley-works-ww1-dick-kerr-petrol-loco-009/&do=findComment&comment=1703326

Very True Stevelewis

I am not a neophyte when it comes to modelling having had railways since 196x something when a loco from Tri-ang would cost 17/6d   

ad my brother and I would race out of school to got to the toy shop where our mum worked where the owner would turn on the TT layout (provided by Tri-ang ) for us to play with 

therefore we got Wrenn models as soon as they came into the shop 

Nowadays being as you can see from my icon disabled and not working I tend to try to get everything as economically as possible  in that stance my layout  (20 foot x 12 foot) is very much a scratch built work of the last 15 years 

So getting bored thought that I would extend into narrow gauge so this thread is to help me explore the market and I have found out lots from other narrow gauge threads too and I thank you all 

Hey  you  bring  back  memories  now,  I well remember  the  the  17/6 Triang  Locos,  Jinty,  548  Saddle  Tank  &  The  O8,  and  the  4/9 White  Fish  van,  My  Dad  used  to  Drive  me  to  the  SPORTS DEPOT  on Princess  Road  Moss  Side,  Manchester,  to put  a  penny in the  slot of  the  outside display  window  to  make  the  Triang  TT  Display layout  run  for a  few  minutes  Windsor Castle  and  that  moulded   brown  track,

Can't really help, but one reason I did not design my own 3D printed model of either the 4-6-0 or 2-6-2, in 1/35th scale was that I could not find a suitable OO or HO chassis, without major work. If I had, then I would have had a O scale and OO9 version out as well. What looks like easy locos to motorize is surprisingly difficult.

Archived