Doncaster 2015

steve1

I've thrown my hat in the ring and the great journey North from the swamp will see Ranelagh Bridge OO in attendance. Only its second venture out of the Shire,

Parcel Point is not attending as detailed on a recent publication.

Please speak slowly and clearly to the more mature of the operators as I'm taking my brother along for an airing,

The Kinmundy Krew will also be there too.

So come along and say hello, and you might even find me behind my own layout! :scared: :O

Hmmm...must remember not to wear a check shirt in case I get mistaken for one of them...

steve

Hmmm...must remember not to wear a check shirt in case I get mistaken for one of them...

steve

As part of the Kinmundy Krew I am now convinced that the checked shirts are actually urban camouflage. Despite the wearer being nominally highly visible, he can disappear for hours without being seen......

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is an eeriness about the place.   Normally in the run-up to a Warners exhibition Steve pops up frequently to raise awareness and urge his loyal subjects to book, attend and take advantage of all the special offers.  Is this the calm before the storm,I wonder?

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Could be because I've actually succeeded in booking two tickets without encountering any problems on the website - and If I can Manage......

. Looking forward to receiving the tickets , then getting down to Donny on the Saturday with Streak 1. :yes:

Regards,

John

• RMweb Gold

There is an eeriness about the place.   Normally in the run-up to a Warners exhibition Steve pops up frequently to raise awareness and urge his loyal subjects to book, attend and take advantage of all the special offers.  Is this the calm before the storm,I wonder?

Chris

He seems to have acquired a new job title according to the latest BRM (unless I've missed the change in the past?) so maybe his role has changed?

• Administrators

He seems to have acquired a new job title according to the latest BRM (unless I've missed the change in the past?) so maybe his role has changed?

Hi Mike,

No new job title I'm afraid. My role changed about a year or so ago... ha ha.

I've had a word with the exhibition team and they'll make a post in the next day or so. In the meantime, loads of info can be found here: https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Exhibitions/-5/The_Festival_of_British_Railway_Modelling/

Hope to see you all at the show.

Steve

The Festival of British Railway Modelling - 7/8th February 2015

See 30 British Layouts & over 80 Exhibitors all at the Doncaster Racecourse.

Make sure you don't miss out on discounted admission, 30 minutes early entry and a free showguide by booking in advance. Pre-booking closes at 9am on Friday 30th January.

For more information click here or call 01778 391123.

• Administrators

Here's a sneak preview of our Doncaster and Ally Pally subscription gift. 

It's a Rotacraft Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit with an RRP of £45.95.

It's a pen-style tool for extra close-up control. Features include:

* Pen-like 12v-18v Rotary Tool + transformer

* In-built speed control 8,000-18,000rpm

* 4m of cables (tool and transformer cables combined)

* 60 various accessories include collets 1, 2.35, 3, 3.2mm

* Aluminium storage case

post-14186-0-58429300-1421233257.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just received the usual email reminder about the show, and Hey! Look at that little piccy!

Some guy's taken a snap of Oldham King Street Parcels the twin of one I took a couple of years ago – identical viewpoint, same moment in time, judging by the positions of the rolling stock. Cropping to fit has spoiled his a bit, though. Still, what are the odds, eh? Phew!

post-7286-0-41021700-1422214286_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Hi all,

Remember, pre-booking closes at 9am tomorrow morning. So, to save money on admission and gain entry 30-minutes before pay-on-the-door visitors, book your tickets on-line at: https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Exhibitions/-5/The_Festival_of_British_Railway_Modelling/

See you on February 7 & 8!

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Once again, the website details are a bit messy and inaccurate.

Several Society stands are listed in the "Exhibitors" section (which actually means traders) and are described as having goods for sale.

I don't know about the other stands but those of us on the EMGS stand will just be showing some of our work in EM gauge but we won't be selling anything other than the virtues of membership!

Yet other Society stands (like the 2mm stand) are listed under the "Society" section of the website.

Tony

• Administrators

Hi all,

With The Festival of British Railway Modelling almost upon us, I thought I'd use the rest of this week to let you know what you'll find in the BRM area as you enter the show.

First of all, we have a small number of our Limited Edition 'Cadbury of Bournville' wagons (OO gauge) left-over from Warley. Priced at £11.99 we expect these to go quick, so please pop by as soon as possible if you'd like one:

post-14186-0-72766500-1422875190_thumb.jpg

Archived