GWR Large Praire 5199

gismorail

Thought you Great Western fans might be interested to know that the Llangollen Railway has completed the overhaul of Large Praire Tank 5199. It was hauling the Santa Specials prior to Christmas and I managed to get an i-phone picture today of it at Carrog just before it departed for Corwen on a Mince Pie Special.

Not sure whether it belongs to the Llangollen Railway as it is listed on the website site as '5199 Project Group' but I'm sure someone will have the correct info regarding ownership.

Have to say that it has been restored to the expected high standards of the Llangollen Engineering Team.................well done to you all it does you credit.

I'm sure it will bolster the steam fleet at Llangollen for the coming season as I know it has been a bit thin on the 'ballast' this year.

post-5136-0-89228900-1419787577.jpg

• Like 14

Hi All,

Well done to all concerned with this engine! We are just about done with No.4144 too so it looks like 2015 will be the year of the large prairie! Just steam pipes, cab interior, paint and fettling to do now...

All the best,

Castle

• Like 1

• 3 years later...