Station interior Detailing Kits

Hippo

• RMweb Premium

Hi

does anyone any make any interior detailings kits in 4mm for 1930's ish stations.

I suppose I am looking for table, chairs, desk etc ?

Surely someone must make some whitemetal castings etc.

Thanks in advance

Owen

Hi Owen

If you are going to add interior ,your have to add lighting as well or you will not see any of it.

I know when i did Torrington station and did not do any lights, Doh!, also you have to have a way to get into the building,if a light fails.

Also do not use grain wheat bulbs,as they get very hot!, know that one to well, when i melted the chimney of the signal box,Doh!.

Darren

• RMweb Premium

Cheers Darren,

Its things I'd thought about. I just feel it needs an interior as its going to be right at the front of the layout. I will definatley bear in mind what you said about the grain of wheat bulbs.

Is there anything you'd recomend ?

Thanks

Owen

Warm white LEDs are quite an economical way to light buildings. Each will need a one kilohm* 1/4 watt resistor in series, if fed from 12 volts DC. The device is polarised and only works one way round - simply reverse the connections. Both are available on eBay.

Bulbs run hot and are prone to failure.

Try two or more in series if too bright or a lower supply voltage.

Having been working on building models of waiting rooms I have not got any interior detail as it does not show, although I do paint the inside walls a stone or cream colour and the floor a dark grey as white plastic or card does have a habit of showing through the windows, also use inside walls to block strange views through the windows too.

David 

Archived