Livery for LNER/NE/GE sand wagons

I have just received a Keyser sand wagon in the post and I do have a couple of them. I know very little about either the Great Central or LNER and have just Googled GE sand wagons and the results are quite pleasing with Great Eastern being a nice green and North Eastern being a splendid blue. On both the roof and underframe seem to be black

Please can anyone shed some light on the type of green and blue being used, also I have seen the solebars & buffer beam on the NE wagon both blue and black, any help would be very useful as I may be able to pick up the correct colours at St Albans at the weekend.

The wagon is now in a caustic soda solution removing both paint and hopefully glue

I understood they were green as belonging to the locomotive department, but I may be mistaken, LNER departmental wagons not being of prime interest . Solebars and headstocks should be body colour, if wood, but exceptions are not unknown. My K's wagon came in grey. One day I will get around to repainting it........

I must recheck my library..... IIRC there is a photo somewhere.

EDIT

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/421/entry-9939-great-eastern-railway-wagons-part-6-loco-sand-trucks/

Archived