Aldersgate buildings 5 subway entrance

Thanks Job, the most tricky bit is being brave enough to make it dirty at the end of the build.  I use a wash of white spirit mixed with some black paint to tone down the colours.  I'll need to do the same thing to all the other buildings in due course to give it that real mid 50s underinvested look.  Having a small structure like this means that I don't hide the row for shops from the normal viewing position.

Andrew

Thanks Job, the most tricky bit is being brave enough to make it dirty at the end of the build.  I use a wash of white spirit mixed with some black paint to tone down the colours.  I'll need to do the same thing to all the other buildings in due course to give it that real mid 50s underinvested look.  Having a small structure like this means that I don't hide the row for shops from the normal viewing position.

Andrew

George is it possible to create the escalator for the underground.

Have a look at the website of Kingsway models, the Underground section.

Job

I probably won't bother with escalators; you don't need to go down deep to get from Liverpool Street mainline to the Metropolitan line (the oldest underground).. The escalator travels deeper to the Central line.  Believe me, I was there today!

What I may do next is to make an entrance from the Aldersgate platform to a subterranean booking hall and entrance which is a very common layout on the Metropolitan line both at Liverpool Street and other Victorian mainline interchanges such as Kings Cross also.  

The entrance will be here.  All my structures are removable so I can build the booking hall and plug the current hole.

Andrew

post-6781-0-06890600-1421794373_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That building is lovely. It's how I imagine my scratchbuilt models coming out, but they don't...

You have an excellent layout including buildings with proper interiors and lighting.  Mine are entirely bodged inside!

Keep posting your lively thread.

Andrew

Archived