Dresden Damphfest

Chameleon

Hi

There is mention here of the Tillig dispaly at the model show at Dortmund which incorporated a Harz 2-10-2t model. Are you able to say what scale this was and was there indication of price?

(These are one of my favourite NG locos!)

Regards

Martin Long

One of the organisers is a good friend of me, he is modelling in 00 gauge. The possibilities of taking Tornado to Dresden were examined in an early planning stages but nothing came to fruition mainly because the costs would have been prohibitive and less so because Tornado would not have been allowed to head a train on German rails due to the lack of PZB magnets (what AWS is in Britain).

His layout is based on the Somerset and Dorset Joint in BR steam days and looked like this when I visited him last time:

16830730202_f0d4b3ef39_z.jpg

04 by – FelixM –, on Flickr

The stock was brought by me.

Sadly there is no perspective for Tornado to come to Dresden in the foreseeable future.

Just criss-crossing German and British rail enthusiasm... :dontknow:

Regards

Felix

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Basic info on the 2016 Dresdner Dampfloktreffen has just arrived in my inbox.

14-17 April 2016 with the following programme of specials:

Thursday, 14 Apr 2016: Dresden - Chemnitz - Dresden (with E 77 10 + steam)
Friday, 15 Apr 2016: Dresden - Zittau - Dresden
Saturday, 16 Apr 2016, Morning: Dresden - Tharandter ramp - Dresden
Saturday, 16 Apr 2016 afternoon: Dresden - Decin (CZ) - Dresden
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016, morning: Dresden - Kamenz - Hosena - Dresden
Sunday, 17 Apr 2016 afternoon: Dresden - Freiberg - Nossen - Dresden

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any room left on Tornado to fit PZB / Indusi?

I have spoken to the organisator of the Dresden Dampffest (still spelling error in the title!) about this and his solution would have been to double head Tornado with an PZB fitted steam engine. Then it would not necessarily be required to fit PZB to 60113 Tornado. There may apply some further restrictions issued by EBA (federal rail office of Germany), the most probable being a speed limit due to differing wheel profiles as has already happened with Polish steamers. Still the giggest obstacle for such a thing is the cost for carrying Tornado to Dresden and who should pay it at last? The fact that the organisator of the Dresden Dampffest has an LMS-ish 00 gauge layout at home does help a great deal in such discussions by the way!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived