Scale7 JB's Workbench thread that isn't a blog.

Scale7JB

Not posted on here for a little while so thought I would pop a few pictures of the L1 build up...

I might have gone a bit full on in the smokebox...

post-6848-12743056295_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127430570699_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127430572578_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127430574278_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127430575888_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127430577697_thumb.jpg

JB.

Wow, that's the nuts! Crazy impressive work there! Now I'm wondering what the firebox will look like!

> It did occur to me that you might be trying your hand at live steam.....tongue.gif

One day... one day... biggrin.gif

JB.

Well, that superheater is more impressive than the one's I've seen in live steamers...

Unfortunately this engine wont have a firebox... where's the speaker going to ? laugh.gif

I don't think I'll ever tackle live steam in Scale7, I just dont think I could ever get it running well enough... and besides, half the detail would have to be left off too sad.gif

Pete, do you have any tutorials on how to draw up artwork for etching ?

JB.

I don't think I'll ever tackle live steam in Scale7, I just dont think I could ever get it running well enough... and besides, half the detail would have to be left off too.

If you ever get chance have a look at some of the steamers built by Clarry Edwards or David Moore, they amply dispel the myth that you have to leave half the detail off.

Regards

Adrian

Ahh... sorry Pete... got confused !

That was the website that I got too Craig, not sure if there are any others, but the bits on the live steam website were spectacular, especially the air operated firebox doors... I LIKE THAT !!

JB.

That was the website that I got too Craig, not sure if there are any others, but the bits on the live steam website were spectacular, especially the air operated firebox doors... I LIKE THAT !!

That's a different David Moore to whom I was referring to. My reference was to the son of Bob Moore (lining pen man). He built a few 7mm live steamers, IIRC a Flat Iron, a Deeley Fish engine, 0-6-0 like a 3F but bigger drivers and a rectangular splasher over the centre driver. However he finished with a Jubilee, IIRC Rook, with all 3 cylinders and working walchaerts valve gear. You'd be hard pressed to find an electric loco built to the same standard. These are featured on the front cover of the Guild book on Live Steam.

Anyway these days he's playing with slightly bigger toys - a 10 1/4" Niagra

If you want a good day out watching and riding some of the finest 10 1/4" steam loco's then make a day out at the Stapleford Miniature Railway, next open day is 19th/20th June.

Adrian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, got myself an Iwata airbrush outfit the other day, and it's an absolute joy to use !! Thought I would post a few pics of current progress.

I think the wagon has come out pretty well though I might need to put some rust patches on the metal end plates.

K2 is very much early progress. It'll be absolutely filthy when it's done, showing that the fireman has forgotten to turn off the injector more than a few times!! huh.gif

post-6848-127646673925_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127646677375_thumb.jpg

post-6848-127646680005_thumb.jpg

JB.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the cleaners have been slacking again! There is some realistic weathering been done there. B) at some point I'll have to have a try on one of my locos if I want this level of realism.

Interesting thread.

DaveC.hh

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dave, been away from it for a week or so due to work, but coming back to it and looking at the above pictures, I can clearly see what needs to be done next...

I think I must have mad modelers snow-blindness when I was working on it before... Just couldn't see exactly what it needed doing..

JB.

Archived