Arnold SW-1

Multiple identity account

PS: This year Arnold also announced a U28C...Any idea why Rivarossi haven't done the SW-1 and U28C?

Does it point to a rebranding of the N American stuff as Arnold instead of Rivarossi? 

They do look rather excellent - with some nicely modelled detail variations, very well done!

Rivarossi have announced the U28C in HO. Ref the SW1 in HO, not sure - Walthers has one out currently, it might be that they don't want to face off to one of the big names in the US market? The detail variations on the Arnold N one i'm sure are more than the ones Walthers have tooled in HO however. Interesting! 

Can  you possibly  advise  me  of  the  digital  status  of  these locos,  is  it a  drop in replacement PCB  ad  Kato  or a  six pin  decoder  socket,  or  nothing  at  all!!

Thanks  Steve

I have  answered  my  own  question,  Digital  staus  is   6pin  NEM 651  socket  which  is  good  news,  I  dont  really  like  digitizing KATO  USA locos  I much  prefer  the  simple  option  of the  6 pin  decoder

• 1 month later...

If these are anything like the U25Cs, they should be quite nice. If they can sort out the handrail issue with the U25C (they fall off if you look at them the wrong way) they will be exceptional.

It is interesting that the U25C went a different way compared to the conventional split-frame design (as used by Kato, Atlas, Intermountain, FVM, Lifelike/Walthers). It seems to work though.

Adrian

Archived