The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

A road of your own

martin_wynne

I was going to write 'get lost yourself' but I have nothing against you. A multi-week road-trip in the US is on my 'do it before I'm too old' list.

One other thought, if there really are more than 300 million people in the US, why do the same old actors keep turning up in all the different soaps & cops-n-robbers shows, couldn't they give some fresh faces a chance?

Steve.

It did occur to me that it would be cheaper to get lost in the one-way systems of Birmingham or Leeds. Or possibly in Glasgow or Milton Keynes....

...and in the case of Birmingham, to my certain knowledge, a lot more dangerous.

• RMweb Premium

A waste of good roads doing it on a gold wing ...

John E, try the Western Coastal Highlands of Scotland or some parts of Central Wales, theres places you can really get away from it with a little searching.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hear Hear!

My TDM 850 may only be half the capacity of some GoldWings, but I'd take my Yamaha over that Honda anyday wink.gif

Diff.

Indeed, I love my TDM 850, it has it's issues but it's a great bike to ride. It's got the spirit of a British bike inside it, not surprising as the person behind it also had a hand in the design of the Norton Commando.

• 3 months later...

Nor this one.

....and a bit nearer to home....smile.gif

No doubt Shortliner will recognise this stretch or road....

post-6950-127761333428_thumb.jpg

Looks very familiar, but I can't quite place it.unsure.gif

Archived