Holt model Railways

steaurtce

Does any one have any way of contacting Holt Model Railways as I have tried using the e-mail address, telephone number and the contact form on their website. The e-mails do not send and the telephone rings out does any one have any suggestions, I am looking for the Mike's Models NBR water crane that they used to produce.

Any information great fully welcomed and received.

Best regards

Steaurt

Does any one have any way of contacting Holt Model Railways as I have tried using the e-mail address, telephone number and the contact form on their website. The e-mails do not send and the telephone rings out does any one have any suggestions, I am looking for the Mike's Models NBR water crane that they used to produce.

Best regards

Steaurt

Hi Steaurt...

Holt's have been closed on a Friday for as long as I remember...try phoning again tomorrow.

Randall

• RMweb Gold

Best regards

Steaurt

Hi Steaurt,

At some point in 1999 I was told the mould for this model was unrepairable and once stocks ran out - that was it.

On occasion they do turn up on Ebay - usually go for a fair bit of money!

I did find a couple at an exhibition in 2008 - traders junk box happened to contain several of the Mikes Models range.

I bought the lot - not just the NB water cranes!

Just have to keep your eyes open around the shows and on Ebay.

Thanks

ps - Maybe this is something else we could get Dave Franks interested in producing?

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just a vote of thanks for Holt Model Shop!

http://www.holtmodelrailways.com/index.htm

Always a good source for older-released stock that is often hard to source at other retailers, and at good prices too.

My order for a Bachmann LMS-liveried 4F (£76) arrived speedily and is now happily trundling around my layout looking very fine with a rake of wagons in tow.

Considering the next batch of Bachmann 4Fs are priced at over £100, I'm glad I picked one up at the old price!

cheers,

Keith

• Like 2

I have always found them to be a bit on the slow side from accepting an order to actually sending it, although they are usually reliable and with fair to good prices. As Keith said above, they are sometimes useful in being able to supply items other retailers have sold out of.

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, just checked, I placed my order online on Sunday April 17 and my parcel had arrived on the 20th, which strikes me as not unreasonable as a turnaround time?

More importantly, to me, is that everything was very well packaged, so the contents weren't trashed in the post!

Anyway, I'd happily order from Holt again.

OK, the web-site is a tad old skool but it works. Automated email confirming order. I guess a despatch email would be good, as some retailers have.

Cheers,

Keith

• 4 months later...

Ordered a Bachmann BR B/G Inspection saloon for £48.03 plus £4.95 postage on sunday night around 01:30am and it turned up today at 12pm! That to me is an exemplary service very well packed to. BIG THANK YOU HOLTS. One evry happy

Trailrage.

Edited by TRAILRAGE
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I placed an order with them last week and to date, my parcel has not arrived. There seems to be a communication issue, I have emailed them several times to no response.

Assuming you are in England why not phone them ?

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

So I popped into Holt's a week or so ago (late September 2019) whilst in the area...

They are still trading.  You may find that their slightly peculiar opening times/days (0900-1200 & 1400-1630, M-Th & Sa) is why they can seem difficult to get hold of...

Their website is defunct and will remain that way.  You can always call them (01792 232264), email them or pop-in and see them

Their listing on UK Model Shop Directory is still valid

Don't lose heart with Holt's!  Their reasons for not being able to buy through a website felt valid to me when explained - give them a ring and ask them!  Whilst there, I bought quite a few bits and pieces including two new Bachmann 4Fs for £80 which struck me as being very good value!