Hornby Class 50 Chassis Spares

Andy_Richards

Hi Guys  I'm looking for a part for my Hornby Class 50 and hoping someone may be able to help. The part below in the diagram surrounded by arrows has disintegrated in my Hornby class 50 (50 035), having looked on various forums this is a know problem with some of the Hornby class 50's. I have contacted Hornby and they are unable to supply the part as its not a spare and don't have any returns they could rob the part from.  I have tried all the usual spares suppliers but without any luck. Is there anyone out there who has a chassis which they are braking up or know where I might be able to get the part? I would be grateful if you could either contact me or point me in the right direction. As it stands I have a loco which is not operational because of this small part being broken. 
For everyone's information I discovered the problem as the lights stopped working and the loco body had started to lift up at the end next to the buffers
Thanks in advance 

Andy

post-3732-0-60287700-1425756952_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

My Afflicted one was actually..... DCC sound Valiant....to confirm after the shell started cracking before it got too bad i switched the chassis to an NSE shell and the cracks re-appeared however i have also seen it, in large logo centurion, and on ebay i have seen tell tale cracks in the body shell on the REX version in railfreight livery, and also Edward Elgar in green. but bear in mind these might not have been on there original chassis.

• 1 month later...

Mighty fine livery there. Me thinks the steps on the buffer beam might be a touch out of gauge?

Yes those steps definitely make it out of gauge and no matter what you do to them they always spring outwards!!!!  Shawplan do brass steps for the class 50, I will be fitting them in due course

• 4 years later...
On 19/04/2015 at 21:22, sawyermodels said:

Glad we could help get her back on the rails 

Sorry to jump on an old post but tonight when fitting a TTS sound chip in 50031 one end perished, don’t suppose you are still able to get hold of this spare part by any chance?

36 minutes ago, dugdug03 said:

Sorry to jump on an old post but tonight when fitting a TTS sound chip in 50031 one end perished, don’t suppose you are still able to get hold of this spare part by any chance?

Good evening, I'm afraid we can't help this time as we no longer have any spare parts for class 50s, we've given them all away over the past 4 years, sorry. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sawyermodels said:

Good evening, I'm afraid we can't help this time as we no longer have any spare parts for class 50s, we've given them all away over the past 4 years, sorry. 

Ok thank you for coming back to me.

• Like 1