Dapol's pantograph and easi-shunt couplings....are they oversized?

Multiple identity account

Hi,

I've been contemplating on re-designing my models from HO scale to British TT scale as it goes in favour of me. However the only glitch I would face is the un-availability of a 1:101 scale pantograph and what couplings to use.

I did enquire about the coupling before and I felt the Dapol easi-shunts suit my needs. But just one question... Does the Dapol easi-shunt coupling and the Dapol pantograph look too over-sized for 1:148 scale? Ergo it'd be almost perfect or slightly smaller for my 1:101 plans...

post-21774-0-42682100-1426482217.jpg
post-21774-0-72007900-1426482220.jpg

Please feel free to give me your views, any advice is also acceptable.

Jeff.

• RMweb Gold

The Dapol Easi Shunt do look over scale in 1:148. However they much better looking than Rapido couplers and much easier to fit than Microtrains.

Other coupling systems do look better but with so much stock, converting to them wasnt an option for me.

1:120 scale pantographs are available on the continent but not sure how easy they are to find / order.

• RMweb Premium

As a general rule, anything that's small or fiddly is going to be oversized in 1:148 scale! Pantographs, couplings, hand rails, pipes, windscreen wipers etc etc etc!

I'd have thought the base of the pantographs may look a bit odd on a 1:101 model, as that isn't a million miles off in 'n', you'll have to try it.

And please, stop writing everything in bold, it's really irritating and unnecessary!

To boldly go................ :sungum:

I do actually find it easier to read bold without my glasses on but each to themselves.

Atleast I don't write backwards :D Imagine how "irritating" that would be. Seriously people who can get irritated by a simple change in font that isn't drastic make me wonder about what the ability they have to tackle actual problems.

• RMweb Premium

What's the relevance of anyone writing backwards!?

I said it's irritating. Not that it makes me incandescent with rage and renders me a frothing heap on the floor. Personally it offends my eyes as it stands out against everything that every other poster writes, and as you've suddenly become very vociferous on two forums I read, it irritates me. This doesn't, in any way, impact my ability to deal with "real problems" though, but I thank you for your concern!

Anywho, Ian finds it easier, so I shall keep my red faced frothing mild irritation to myself! As you were.

I said it's irritating. 

I find the multicolour signature more of a turn-off. It's a foible of mine but I don't buy off ebay sellers who use mad ranty oversized multicolour descriptions, especially when it comes to their personal T&Cs.

• RMweb Premium

Ooo, yes, I do agree with the signature and the eBay sellers! I didn't want to comment on that as well though, thought it was verging on character assassination at that point!

Archived