Freemo - Midlands

Northpoint

After the success of the Freemo Extravaganza last summer, an informal group in the Midlands has been formed. We held our first ops session last weekend and here is the video.

Seven people attended at various times over the weekend and a good time was had by all.

Having attended three Freemo events now over the past nine months or so I cannot emphasise enough the fun that this concept gives. It is the best way in my opinion to replicate prototype ops. How many of us have the room or resources to run trains of, say, 12 or more cars at home? For those of you who are still not sure, we will be demonstrating at TVNAM this year so come and have a look

The other thing that always amazes is how well it all goes together. A combination of modules from different builders and it's up and running within a couple of hours. It speaks volumes for the integrity of the standards that have been laid down. Full marks to those (RS Tower and others) who have been instrumental in developing them.

All that is needed now is more people to get involved and more modules please - bearing in mind Freemo Extravaganza 2 this September!

I'd love to take part, but I just don't trust my horrid carpentry skills enough to build a module.

I've got locos and stock to run, however. :)

I had the same fear.. went along with some stock, my NCE controller and a 'barebones' module (no track) - apart from being great fun, it was useful to see how other modules have been built and to make sure I was getting things right. (Got all the big cuts done for me by a local timber merchant/DIY place). I'm building two really simple little (4 ft), less to go wrong! Go for it!  :nowink:

• 1 month later...

When is the next ops session for the group? This set up sounds just what I'm looking for. I have loco's and stock but currently no space for a layout. I live in Cirencester so I have good access to any part of he midlands.

Archived