Model Prices

micklner

A email received today.

Not Trains but still models. It will be interesting if after the recent price hikes , if a similar price drop will occur in trains too.

Hi
Following Minichamps recent bizarre price rises, which saw an average motorsport 1/43 model go from £54.99 to £69.99, the importer of Ixo and Norev have made an equally bizarre announcement. A PRICE CRASH!
Average Ixo prices will drop from £39.99 to £29.99 for a Motorsport 1/43 model. Norev cars will also drop to around the same.

Here is the announcement from the Importer
"

Diecast model prices have been rising for some time now and sales have been declining.

After Lengthy discussions with several of our suppliers and the strength of the pound we have decided to reduce the prices of two of our most popular ranges IXO and Norev.

This move is designed to encourage collectors to buy existing releases and forward order new ones. One consequence of this decision is that we will no longer be able to hold the same level of stock as we have also reduced our margin considerably. This change will come into effect with immediate effect and will apply to all models currently in stock and any items forward ordered by you. "

It is comforting to receive news like this,it gives us hope that the industry has noticed. It is a pity for the likes of Minichamps that they hold their customers in such contempt and continue with their attitude of " we are Minichamps, they will pay it".

All pre orders will be at the new price.

Please feel free to pre order any other items that Ixo are planning.

Many thanks

Niall

Niall Thorogood
Hedingham Models and Collectables
7 Market St
Braintree
Essex
CM7 3YA
(0)1376 320522
www.hedingham-models.co.uk
To unsubscribe from the newsletter please send email with "Remove" as the subject.

A lot of Minichamps are limited issue for a richer German market .As far as I know they have never listened to collectors or responded to a request or comment .I did know one of their developers at one time .He was given 10 minutes to 'research " the new Williams car at the launch 2002 or 3 from memory .That was it  full stop .Minichamps coughed up a large sum of money and were given 10 minutes ,no drawings .I did supply photos to them at one point . . We were at the launch at a wet  winter Silverstone   .I used to collect certain models  but got out while the going was good with Mclaren GTR's and LM Porsches .people were paying fortunes for them .Good old ebay ..Some great models made for the time in the early days .I suppose Spark ,who may well be in finance with Minichamps , have taken huge chunks of the market .I am making a 1/43 master pattern at present for an F1 car  and after it is on the market  by the kit manufacturer I shall buy the Spark knock off to save me making the kit .Its that sad.Ixo are good models as are the Altaya models from them .I wish more F3 models were made .The Minichamps F3 are out of date  chassis wise so no newer drivers .Probably few buy them but Vettels ,Ricciardos ,Verstappens  ,Sainz and co Red bulls are begging to be made .

• RMweb Premium

The strong pound will certainly help stuff priced in Euros however stuff from China will be priced in US dollars and the pound is certainly not strong against the US dollar, it's been bouncing along five or six year lows lately I think.

Archived