Hornby plc - stake increase

ruggedpeak

That's an audacious statement. You truly believe that every current manufacturer will have ceased trading within "a few years"? I can see one or two or three struggling, but "all"?

Paul

only audacious if you didnt read it through before posting to double check for accuracy and spelling........... like i obviously didnt!!! lol

corrected now to read 'not all', and makes much more sense now. lol 

sorry for the confusion 

... Surely only those that have tool movement flexibility allowing them to relocate their tools outside China will smile at that scenario?... 

The 'dance of the tools' has been a pretty regular occurence in RTR model railway, and I don't see it stopping any time soon. In twenty years time we may well be explaining that the Duffness now manufactured by Phtang-Phtang in Thaibodia, is in fact the same body tooling as the previous model of this class by <insert manufacturer name here>, but with a revised mechanism with no compatible spares for the previous model. And no, they ain't releasing the complete mechanism as a separate spare...

The 'dance of the tools' has been a pretty regular occurence in RTR model railway, and I don't see it stopping any time soon. In twenty years time we may well be explaining that the Duffness now manufactured by Phtang-Phtang in Thaibodia, is in fact the same body tooling as the previous model of this class by <insert manufacturer name here>, but with a revised mechanism with no compatible spares for the previous model. And no, they ain't releasing the complete mechanism as a separate spare...

Agreed, but surely this may only apply for those that have the will, or ability to move tools to another country?

That's the real talking point, isn't it? Maybe on another thread though. :-)

Maybe on another thread though. :-)

Yes, please.

I'm surprised this thread had any legs at all. (It didn't really most of the posts were related to an off topic observation.)

As they do, Hornby closed their books on March 31. Until they do their year-end reporting we won't really know if they have turned the company around. Usually they publish their annual report in June. At that point we'll have a better idea of how well they are doing financially.

Right now their share price is mostly affected by the market, since Hornby haven't made any announcements in a while, but it is nice to see it trending up. It has a way to go to recover to levels from before their supply chain crisis.

One thing nobody commented on is not that the shares were bought, but that they were sold...

For someone to buy, someone has to sell, (these were not new issue).

People (and institutional shareholders) sell shares for all kinds of reasons. They may well have a new investment that they prefer for some reason known only to them and need to raise the cash for that trade.

Unless everyone wants out and starts shorting the stock, it's usually not something to worry about.

Archived