Jamieson/Eames chassis?

hayfield

My latest acquisition from eBay

post-1131-0-19031300-1431200788.jpeg

The chassis is very much in the Jamieson style, it was described as a Black 5 chassis. Has insulated nickel rimmed wheels on both sides and a large 5 pole motor. Runs fine, but needs a bit if work on the other sides valve gear. I have a Jamieson Black 5, any ideas please

Andrew

Thanks, I had an idea the motor may be a Pitman, but was unsure it it was also marketed by Romford

As I said its in a Jamieson style but differs to a standard Jamieson by having higher frames around the front driver. I think the chassis has been painted rather than chemical blackening

Just won a Jamieson Royal Scott for £21.06 all in. Needs a front bogie (I have a spare) and a tender axle box casting and a few bits need straightening (sounds worse by the second). Nice MRRC 5 pole motor

post-1131-0-55320200-1431768017_thumb.jpg

Requires a repaint and whilst the valve gear works fine it has a funny grainy finish. Also needs the electrical pickups re-making, very ingenious insulated tender coupling, pickups from tender as well but has the same insulated polarity ?. Very well built but badly painted

I did buy from W&H all 3 (Scott, Jubilee & black 5) I bet its not the Scott thats un-built

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

John, I bought this off Ebay

post-6728-0-86492100-1467710660_thumb.jpg

and it had this chassis fitted. It certainly looks old school. i wonder if it was an Eames 'pro job'. The motor looks Farish like. What do you reckon? The odd thing is that 'one that I built earlier' is about 2mm shorter. A bit of a puzzle! I've posted the question on the 'Jamieson' thread: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111177-jamieson-eames-loco-kits/

post-6728-0-07552800-1467710627_thumb.jpg

Archived