Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Ad-8fx and JMRI/Sprog 3

Snofi

Hi

I'm totally new to all things model railway and apologise if this is a daft question. I have spent most of the day trawling t'interweb with no joy and figured that one of the many experts here may have solved this one already.

I've bought the two fellas above and although I've sorted out locomotive decoder stuff I'm having problems geting the sprog/jmri to talk to the ad-8fx. I've followed the instructions - set up new turnout, set address, switch ad-8fx to "listen mode", switched turnout on panel a few times and, well, nothing.

Would appeciate any guidance/advice.

Cheers

Did you ensure the SPROG track power was turned on? The track LED should be flashing when you operate the turnout on the panel. When programming decoders this happens automatically but for everything else you need to do it manually, using the JMRI power control.

Andrew

Hi Andrew

Many thanks for the reply, appreciated. Yes, though it took me about 2 hours looking completely confused as to why meter showed zero voltage on the ad's power terminals before that lightbulb appeared in the air over my head - i'm afraid I'm not very good with these things :-)

Cheers

Did you ensure the SPROG track power was turned on? The track LED should be flashing when you operate the turnout on the panel. When programming decoders this happens automatically but for everything else you need to do it manually, using the JMRI power control.

Andrew

Archived