Weir

Snofi

Progress remains slow - some builds seem amphetamine filled - but steady in terms of output and mixed quality :-)

Finally got the platform down and this end is coming straight back up again - or at least the ramp is. I had an idea, it wasn't a bad idea, but the execution rendered it worse.

Also started to join the canopy sets. Blu-tacked only at the moment, but pleasing to be finally approaching the end (ha ha, is there going to be one?) of this board. Strangely enough i actually enjoy ballasting and oainting rails but, and isn't there always one, i can't seem to muster up the energy to finish oainting and weathering 6 foot of retaining wall which is the last of the "big" jobs to do. Instead I've been building wagons - Something that has become a fetish and one which will end in tears when the wife realises just how many i've ordered and which lie hidden in a secret drawer :-) I am more pleased with each build as They begin to look more and more like they haven't come from some weird universe with a radically different view of concepts such as solid and square!

I've also bought some n stock - mainly on a whim. Cripes DM, it's tiny wee and i'm already designing something... Got me in big trouble mind "err, so this is one of 3 and now you're planning another". Even pointing out how tiny wee it is didn't seem to cut much ice...

A picture. Please ignore platform end/ramp. Instead try to picture what it might look like when properly done :-)

A presto

post-24628-0-08644900-1447965689_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress remains slow - some builds seem amphetamine filled - but steady in terms of output and mixed quality :-)

Finally got the platform down and this end is coming straight back up again - or at least the ramp is. I had an idea, it wasn't a bad idea, but the execution rendered it worse.

Also started to join the canopy sets. Blu-tacked only at the moment, but pleasing to be finally approaching the end (ha ha, is there going to be one?) of this board. Strangely enough i actually enjoy ballasting and oainting rails but, and isn't there always one, i can't seem to muster up the energy to finish oainting and weathering 6 foot of retaining wall which is the last of the "big" jobs to do. Instead I've been building wagons - Something that has become a fetish and one which will end in tears when the wife realises just how many i've ordered and which lie hidden in a secret drawer :-) I am more pleased with each build as They begin to look more and more like they haven't come from some weird universe with a radically different view of concepts such as solid and square!

I've also bought some n stock - mainly on a whim. Cripes DM, it's tiny wee and i'm already designing something... Got me in big trouble mind "err, so this is one of 3 and now you're planning another". Even pointing out how tiny wee it is didn't seem to cut much ice...

A picture. Please ignore platform end/ramp. Instead try to picture what it might look like when properly done :-)

A presto

Sorry for the late response - been kinda out of it! (Call it old age)

My only criticism is the boxes to the left of the platform. As someone whose railway-room is a dangerous tip, I fully understand the situation. :)

Tony

Hi Snofi,

I've just discovered this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed the read.  You certainly have a way with words (very funny in places), the modelling looks good and I share your interest in the "old general anaesthetic" (it's my Geordie roots you know :) ).

Just one word of advice - stay off the auction site if you've had too much of the restorative :jester:

Keep it coming.  Now following.

Regards,

Brian.

Archived