WAG - L&B 2010 exhibition - any news?

mikeyk

• RMweb Gold

As I understand things, Mikey, yes - although I gather it won't be quite as extensive as last year in terms of the amount of floorspace utilised. I am hoping to have a new layout ready, and I know Marc will be showing one of his many projects. As for the date, I would assume it will fall on father's day weekend as it has for the last two years, which is usually mid-June ish.

Al,

You're bound to get an invite after the cracking write up in CM this month, and both yours and Marc's 'plug' for Peter & Adrian.

Should you be in/around 'the metropolis of the Principality' come Thursday 25th. a few of us are having another convivial evening, you are more than welcome.

Brian R

• RMweb Gold

Al,

You're bound to get an invite after the cracking write up in CM this month, and both yours and Marc's 'plug' for Peter & Adrian.

Should you be in/around 'the metropolis of the Principality' come Thursday 25th. a few of us are having another convivial evening, you are more than welcome.

Brian R

Thanks Brian! Not sure if I'l make it this thursday; guitar class as well so probably a bit too much given that I work to do on Cogirep... however

I hope to make one of the meet-ups further down the line.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mikey,

Hope all's well?

Yes, the L&B weekend is on - though I'm not aware of it being smaller than last year...

I'll be taking my small O gauge "Clarbeston North" (in your territory Mikey!).

Unless L & B say they really want "the crate".....

....May also bring along another hardly-started, tiny O gauge scheme - depending on whether there's space.

Though I never tire of seeing Cogirep, I've seen Barry Tens' new valleys-based layout,

and it looks likely to be a real winner - lots of different levels, some great scenic features, as always with Barry! Can't wait to see it finished......Wish he could bring both.

Rouse is bringing along his tiny n gauge layout "Little End Yard"

Having seen this one in the flesh the other day, I have to say it's fab!

Really nice composition and design, A lot of atmosphere, and a well weathered + painted scene in such a small area...

got me thinking about doing a 2mm scale layout too :rolleyes:

Those two layouts should be worth the journey to Cardiff alone.

And as a bonus, you can spend your money on some of Adrians superbly weathered models B)

Cheers

Marc :D

That all sounds very good Marc, will move heaven and the round bit to get there again!

:-)

All well down here, but have to divert attention now to building a rather large retaining wall and drainage system across the entire width of the back garden to stop water run-off from the field behind the property.

One consequence will be less lawn to mow!

Every cloud...

;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Fingers crossed I will get to The Pump House on the Saturday, probably come by train this time, haven't been to Cardiff on a train for many years!

Who else is going to the L&B exhibition then?

Mike,

Not sure which day I'll be there (probably call in on both), but hope to catch up.

Why not catch the train to Cogan, and stroll back down Penarth Rd. to the Pump House, then continue on and pick up the train again at 'Strangetown' ?

Nice if the weather's good.

Brian R

Not sure which day I'll be there (probably call in on both), but hope to catch up.

Why not catch the train to Cogan, and stroll back down Penarth Rd. to the Pump House, then continue on and pick up the train again at 'Strangetown' ?

Hope to see you again if you are around on the Saturday.

Good idea on the route, will investigate.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

Nice if the weather's good.

Brian R

Hi Mikey,

I think Brian has suggested the best route. It's a bit of a walk though,

from/to either Cogan or Grangetown (hope it's not raining!).

Of course, you'll pass the back of Canton depot.

Keep your eyes peeled for a bright blue class 37! (308 arrived last Weds, behind 50 044).

Hope to see you there

P.S. I notice you have added me to your "friends" list...

...if we had been promoted, I'm sure that wouldn't have happened!! :lol: :lol:

...if we had been promoted, I'm sure that wouldn't have happened!!

Methinks what size dent in a model railway budget 17 or so home games in The Premiership would have made ?

Brian R

It's a bit of a walk though,

from/to either Cogan or Grangetown

My boy should be at the show as well, and if you think walking from Cogan to Strangetown is a bind, he's just returned from our only Welsh colony, to bash the narrow gauge there, and now he's coming home to bash Hendre Lane et al ....................

post-1599-127660977528_thumb.jpg

I think Brian has suggested the best route. It's a bit of a walk though,

from/to either Cogan or Grangetown (hope it's not raining!).

Of course, you'll pass the back of Canton depot.

Keep your eyes peeled for a bright blue class 37! (308 arrived last Weds, behind 50 044).

Hope to see you there

...if we had been promoted, I'm sure that wouldn't have happened!! :lol:

Ha ha!!!

:lol:

Just bought the train tickets this morning, and also the Plus Bus tickets, so we can hop on and off buses all day long.

Weather forecast looks ok so far.

Eldest daughter will be with me this time, son had an operation on his arm a fortnight ago, so he is very tender and we need to avoid him getting bumped for the next 6 weeks (some hope!)

See you Saturday.

Methinks what size dent in a model railway budget 17 or so home games in The Premiership would have made ?

Brian R

Quite a huge one for sure!

To be honest, I found the games I went to last season a bit flat, I know we finished in our highest position for years, but there wasn't the excitement and the entertainment there has been in recent years. Still think the best atmosphere/game I have been to was our Carling Cup game against you lot.

I think we won that one...

:-)

• RMweb Gold

Can't believe the weekend is nearly upon us - where did the last six months go? :blink:

Anyway, for those that may not have seen the blog, here's a teaser of my layout Paynestown which will be at L&B on sat and sun:

post-6720-127679888906_thumb.jpg

I'll probably be running a mixture of BR and GWR stock over the weekend, depending on coupling compatibility. Look forward to seeing

some of you there.

Archived