Yorkshire pullman

could anyone recomend where to go on-line to research this train. I stumbled across a site, a short time ago, that gave me an 11 coach consist, in 1959, but made no mention of loco, unfortunately no matter what I do, I can not find my way back to this site. Any help, guidance given would be very greatfully received. I would like to add at this time, that I am extreamly new to this method of research, (its my very 1st.time) so if I have transgressed any protocols, broken any rules, please accept my unreserved appolgies now.

could anyone recomend where to go on-line to research this train. I stumbled across a site, a short time ago, that gave me an 11 coach consist, in 1959, but made no mention of loco, unfortunately no matter what I do, I can not find my way back to this site. Any help, guidance given would be very greatfully received. I would like to add at this time, that I am extreamly new to this method of research, (its my very 1st.time) so if I have transgressed any protocols, broken any rules, please accept my unreserved appolgies now.

You could try the BR coaching stock group on Yahoo.

OzzyO.

Copley Hill allocated A1s were regulars on this train.

gresley

Thanks! Gresley, but I am actually trying to find out more about the coaches

The following is an extract from the Summer 1958 Carriage Working and Train Formation Book:

5:20 pm from King's Cross (84 Down)

THE YORKSHIRE PULLMAN

Vehs in order from to

from Engine

A 2nd Brake King's Cross Harrogate

B 2nd Kitchen (Z) " "

C 1st Kitchen (Y) " "

E 1st Kitchen (Z) " "

F 2nd Parlour " "

G 1st Parlour " Bradford Exch

H 2nd Kitchen (Y) " "

BCK Leeds Central "

J 2nd Kitchen (Z) King's Cross Hull

K 1st Parlour " "

M 1st Kitchen (Z) " "

N 2nd Brake " "

No of Vehicles 11

Notes: Y - Kitchen North End

Z - Kitchen South End

I doubt if the formation altered very much during the 1950s, although the individual vehicles did due repairs and maintenance.

gresley

• RMweb Gold

This may be out of period for you, but there are a few photos of the Yorkshire Pullman in the relevant collections in my fotopic galleries at:

http://davesyorkshirerailwayarchive.fotopic.net/

and

http://daveseastmidlandsandlincsrailwayarchive.fotopic.net/

They might be of some use to you, perhaps.

I've also found this (not very good) image taken around 1951 by my late father:

post-5613-12709833475_thumb.jpg

Grantham down Yorkshire Pullman A1 class c1951

David

I have a copy of the CWD for 1960/61 at home and in place of the 'old' style coaches it lists the stock as MkI based Pulmans. There is some interesting formations for other East Coast Pulmans in the same document.Remember that In the early 1960's the 'old' Pulman Brakes were operated until they became a bit too old and then the later diagrams feature BG's for the luggage.The full details of this CWD are available in the Yahoo BRCoach group.

The following is an extract from the Summer 1958 Carriage Working and Train Formation Book:

THE YORKSHIRE PULLMAN

Vehs in order from to

from Engine

B 2nd Kitchen (Z) " "

C 1st Kitchen (Y) " "

E 1st Kitchen (Z) " "

F 2nd Parlour " "

H 2nd Kitchen (Y) " "

BCK Leeds Central "

K 1st Parlour " "

M 1st Kitchen (Z) " "

N 2nd Brake " "

No of Vehicles 11

Z - Kitchen South End

I doubt if the formation altered very much during the 1950s, although the individual vehicles did due repairs and maintenance.

gresley

THE YORKSHIRE PULLMAN

Vehs in order from to

from Engine

B 2nd Kitchen (Z) " "

C 1st Kitchen (Y) " "

E 1st Kitchen (Z) " "

F 2nd Parlour " "

H 2nd Kitchen (Y) " "

BCK Leeds Central "

K 1st Parlour " "

M 1st Kitchen (Z) " "

N 2nd Brake " "

No of Vehicles 11

Z - Kitchen South End

gresley

Thanks Gresley, but could I ask just a couple more ?,s were the two 2nd brakes, also Pullmans, & what livery would the BCK have been ?

... were the two 2nd brakes, also Pullmans, & what livery would the BCK have been ?

The two 2nd Brakes were Pullmans. The Hull portion was detached at Doncaster. The Bradford portion was detached at Leeds Central and the BCK was an ordinary coach that was attached as this portion didn't have a brake vehicle. It would have been maroon livery.

The two 2nd Brakes were Pullmans. The Hull portion was detached at Doncaster. The Bradford portion was detached at Leeds Central and the BCK was an ordinary coach that was attached as this portion didn't have a brake vehicle. It would have been maroon livery.

Thank you so much EVERYONE, for ALL the HELP & answers. This has been my first experiance of an " ON LINE FORUM " & may I say a very POSATIVE one , once again THANKS

Archived