Derby Members Day 10 July 2010

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

The Derby Members Day will be on Saturday 10 July 2010 at Mickleover Community Centre, Uttoxeter Road, Mickleover, Derby DE3 0DA and we also expect to have the Mickleover Model Railway Group clubrooms open as well

This is a list of all those who have offered to attend - it is not the final confirmed list but gives you an idea of what to expect

EDIT - I think this is up to date to Friday 9th July

LAYOUTS

Keyhaven (Andy Y)

Leeds South (Michael W)

Aberdeen Kirkhill (Flood and Dunedin) (Graham and Glenn)

Northworthy (Poor Old Bruce) (Richard)

Foundry Lane (Mark Forrest)

The start of a new layout (Diesel Dayz) (Alan)

Mickleover Clubrooms will be open with OO and N layouts in operation

DEMOS ETC

RMweb (Andy Y)

Etched Kits (Halfwit) (Paul)

D & E Modelling (Jim T and DEMU) (not confirmed yet)

Resin Casting (Port Wynnstay Models) (Phil Traxson)

Building a Work Bench (Coombe Barton) (John)

Scenic Demo on a new N gauge layout (John Ward MMRG)

Making Trees Jacky Mogford

TRADE

Derby Trees . Model trees, Greenscene materials, Scenic items

Amberley Services . Tools, Materials, Components, O Scale stock

Port Wynnstay Models . As Phil will be there with his layout and resin demo, he won't have the trade stand but if you want him to bring anything please let him know phil@portwynnstay.co.uk Stock can be seen here http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Port_Wynnstay/portwynnstay.htm

Just a note for anyone modelling 009.

I've decided that I must get rid of accumalated models in scales I no longer work in, to this end I will have with me all of my 009 stock which used to run on a layout I sold years ago, far too much to list and all open to reasonable offers. A 10% donation will go towards the hall running costs from anything sold. This is my own private stock not Port Wynnstay Models items.

Phil Traxson (on the Resin Casting Demo Stand)

As far as I can tell from those who replied by PM and those who added details to the original topic, this is the list so far. I know that everything offered up to now will fit and there's still room for more. Please let me know if you want to take part.

The event will run from 10.00am to 4.00pm and admission is by a voluntary donation (suggested £3) to cover the cost of hiring the hall. Light refreshments will be available and if anyone wants to bring along a partner, wife, mother, daughter, girl friend, boy friend, mistress etc then we can find them a job in the kitchen :D - for those who are easily offended then that was a joke - but we could do with a bit of help with washing up ;)

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Pleased to say that we now have a couple of Traders on board - the arrangement is that if they don't sell anything then we won't charge them for being there - so please come along and support us and buy a few bits and pieces :D

Derby Trees . Model trees, Greenscene materials, Scenic items

Amberley Services . Tools, Materials, Components, O Scale stock

Port Wynnstay Models . As Phil will be there with his layout and resin demo, he won't have the trade stand but if you want him to bring anything please let him know phil@portwynnstay.co.uk Stock can be seen here http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Port_Wynnstay/portwynnstay.htm

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Counting down the days, Mike.

Just think - in two weeks time it will all be over and those who didn't come will be reading on here what a great time the rest of us had :D

Don't miss out - come and see us at Derby

Mike

This is a shameless plug for the open day, July 10th at Derby, and Aberdeen Kirkhill T&RSMD which will be there. To all those people who like the time to take in model railways without having the usual crowds this is your great opportunity.

• RMweb Premium

All those who expressed an interest in bringing a layout/exhibit/display should have received a PM from me asking for details - space needed, brief description etc. Please respond in the next couple of days so that I can draw out the hall plan and prepare the exhibition guide.

many thanks

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to one of our new Forum Sponsors, EDM Models/NGtrains.com I am able to link to their site which shows a map of the Centre as well as bus and train information. We have used the Centre for 7mm Narrow Gauge events which is why Paul has the information posted on his site. Note that the exhibits he lists will not be at our event - just in case anyone gets confused :D

Map etc here http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Admin/Shows/tvg3.htm

While you are on Paul's site have a look around as it's not all narrow gauge :rolleyes:

Actually I have just realised that Port Wynnstay are listed and of course Phil Traxson will be at Mickleover with his own 7mmNG layout as well as his resin casting demo. If you want him to bring any stock from his trade stand, please let him know in advance - again not all narrow gauge as there are some interesting Scottish wagons in 7mm illustrated here http://www.ngtrains.com/Pages/Port_Wynnstay/standard.htm

Mike

If you have time there is also a Modellers, narrow gauge and miniature railways event on at the Midland Railway - Butterley on 10th/1th July 2010. Visiting layouts will be at Butterley thanks to Alfreton Model Railway Society and the GVLR at Swanwick Junction will be putting on a freight gala with trains running every half hour.

Come along if you have time.

• RMweb Gold

If you have time there is also a Modellers, narrow gauge and miniature railways event on at the Midland Railway - Butterley on 10th/1th July 2010. Visiting layouts will be at Butterley thanks to Alfreton Model Railway Society and the GVLR at Swanwick Junction will be putting on a freight gala with trains running every half hour.

Come along if you have time.

Sounds like a good use of a shareholders ticket on the way home, I will be going past on the A38 B)

• RMweb Premium

For a variety of reasons, a couple of members who were going to take part have had to withdraw but I'm lining up replacements from the Mickleover Group to fill the spaces. I'll get an up to date list posted over the weekend.

However I would like to share with you a message I have received today

I'm disappointed not to be able to get there, members days have always fallen on a bad weekend for me in the past and I was looking forward to going to this one, I like the small and friendly atmosphere of this type of gathering. I wish you and the gang all the very best with it and I hope it is as much of a success as the posts suggest it will be

I think that sums up the other messages that I have been receiving from those who can't be there and it goes to show why the event was organised in the first place. Don't miss out - come along and see us

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Bumping this back to the top of the list as the Members' Day at Derby is this Saturday 10th July.

The day job is taking me away from home for a couple of days and I may be out of contact with the forum until late Thursday but at this late stage I hope there aren't too many changes to the original line up - which I have edited to show the latest situation.

Mike

Mike, will the MMRC O gauge layout be running? I have an O gauge Pug that could do with a test run .......

'fraid the 0 Gauge got pushed into the corner last night Ian. You may be thin enough to get in to the control box though so bring the Pug anyway, it's a flexible day so anything could (be made to) happen.

Richard

• RMweb Gold

'fraid the 0 Gauge got pushed into the corner last night Ian. You may be thin enough to get in to the control box though so bring the Pug anyway, it's a flexible day so anything could (be made to) happen.

Richard

No sweat, just point me in the direction of Mike with an application form and I'll bring it along to a club night ;)

It's getting awfully close, and still so much to do!

First time out at an exhibition for a long time, and I'm just beginning to remember everything I need to do...

No need to worry, it's not like a real exhibition at all. It'll just be RMwebbers chatting all day whilst Mike supplies the drinks and does the washing up!! :P :lol:

No need to worry, it's not like a real exhibition at all. It'll just be RMwebbers chatting all day whilst Mike supplies the drinks and does the washing up!! :P :lol:

True, but forgetting the bolt that holds everything together is not something you'll live down for a long time (same goes for forgetting to drill the hole for said bolt...)

Not coming if there's no bacon. ;)

Just arranged the insurance and decided to dust the layout off and start cursing at the obligatory T-48 electrical gremlins. Next time I do inset track there won't be any points!

• RMweb Gold

I've had similar thoughts re points and inset track on Cogirep, Andy. I'd had the layout up and running in my train room for about 6 weeks before Trainwest. It was operating flawlessly. On the day before the show, I dismantled it, took it downstairs and gathered everything in the hall ready to load into the car. I thought "I'll just test it one final time" so I plugged in the power and tried running a loco. Lo and behold, one of the points had suddenly decided to play up. Cue about two hours of stress and anxiety, the clock ticking etc. The trouble with inlaid pointwork is there's not a lot you can do to it once it's down. In the end that one point sort of behaved itself but it still threw the occasionally wobbly at the show. It was fine by the time of the member's day the following weekend, though.

Archived