RMweb

Death of Ray from Brilliant Baseboards

charliepetty

Just seen today on another forum, and confirmed by Rays website the sad news:

We are very sad to announce that the creator and owner of Brilliant Baseboards, Ray Regan, has passed away. We are all very shocked and saddened by this news and will update this site as more information becomes available. His children will be looking into his business affairs and would ask for some time to enable them to get to grips with any outstanding customer orders and to contact his suppliers. Please rest assured that all paid for orders will be honoured. Please direct all correspondence to:

A Sad loss and a nice guy. Charlie

• RMweb Gold

Very sad, we were very concerned after his no-show at Wigan and we had a distraught call from his family to see if he had arrived as no contact had been made, we had hoped for some good news, sadly this was not to be.

Ray was a real character, I spent several enjoyable evenings in his company and I can imagine he's up there now, tape measure in hand :)

R.I.P Ray.

Condolences to his family and friends.

As a customer I can only echo the comments above, someone who truly took a pride in his product and when I inquired about the curved boards explained that as he wasn't happy with them he wouldn't release any until he was.

Very sad news

Colin

I am shocked and saddened by this news. I had the pleasure of trading alongside Ray at a couple of shows. An open-hearted and very nice individual with a 'brilliant' product. My condolences to his family.

Ian Barefoot

Sad news indeed. I have seen Ray at a number of shows over the past couple of years and often had a chat with him, he was a genuinely nice guy. I last saw him at the East London Finescale Show a couple of months ago. He seemed in perfectly good health then which makes his passing even more of a shock. Sincere condolences to his family.

My condolences, I had a good chat with him after a couple of shows in the evening and he'd done a great job building Brilliant Baseboards from his divorce and the early boards weren't laser cut but handmade by him using templates showing his great carpentry skills. Great guy to chat to in general as well as he seemed to have had a very varied life, he didn't seem to show any health issues so it is indeed a shock.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jim s-w

Hi Jeanette

From http://www.brilliant-baseboards.co.uk/

"His children will be looking into his business affairs and would ask for some time to enable them to get to grips with any outstanding customer orders and to contact his suppliers. Please rest assured that all paid for orders will be honoured. Please direct all correspondence to:

admin@brilliant-baseboards.co.uk"

HTH

Jim

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I started a different thread on the same topic.

As and when anyone has any news about whether anyone else is going to pick up Ray's mantle and carry on producing these excellent products, it would be great to hear.

I'v sent you a pm, with a few details.

Also i have tried to contact brilliant baseboard recently about trying to get any further baseboards but no replies.

I am aware its a difficult time for his family but i now have £600 worth of baseboards i can use until i find the last one i need.

I am considering replicating one of the boards i have to suit my needs as i am out of options. Unless i choose an alternative baseboard system.

Maybe others have info about continuation of the business?

• 1 month later...

I'v sent you a pm, with a few details.

Also i have tried to contact brilliant baseboard recently about trying to get any further baseboards but no replies.

I am aware its a difficult time for his family but i now have £600 worth of baseboards i can use until i find the last one i need.

I am considering replicating one of the boards i have to suit my needs as i am out of options. Unless i choose an alternative baseboard system.

Maybe others have info about continuation of the business?

I'm also in the situation of having placed an order last November which has not been processed due to Ray's untimely death. I received an email from Ray's son Marc that they expected to honour orders by end of Feb 2011. Since then I have heard nothing, had no response to my follow up enquiries and now the website seems to be down.

So likewise, I'd be greatful if anyone has heard anything...

Thanks

Nigel

I'm also in the situation of having placed an order last November which has not been processed due to Ray's untimely death. I received an email from Ray's son Marc that they expected to honour orders by end of Feb 2011. Since then I have heard nothing, had no response to my follow up enquiries and now the website seems to be down.

So likewise, I'd be greatful if anyone has heard anything...

Thanks

Nigel

For reference, the website seems to be up at present, but the information on it does not appear to have changed.

Archived