kingdom Kits/Kingdom 4mm Models

m0rris

Hello All,

I hope that this is not in the wrong place and if it is I duly apologise to the mods for placing it in the wrong place and that somebody on this oracle of knowledge they call rmweb can help me.

I was recently looking through some back issues of RModeller and I came across a detailing pack for hunslet austerities marketed by a company that seems to go under thee name of kingdom kits or kingdom 4mm models, and I was wondering whether any RMWeb members would be able to give me an email/web site for this company as my google fu is weak and I have tried unsuccessfully to track them down, this has been hindered by the fact that "kingdom" and "models" seems to drag up every model shop/modelling agency in the land and try as I might I can't seem to track this firm down! I do realise that this might be due to them closing down/their range becoming absorbed into another firm but any help would in finding a source for this detailing pack be greatly appreciated.

A merry christmas and a happy ew year to all,

M0rris

Hi MOrris, I have a Kingdom Kits J 50 etched brass kit that has been in my 'to do ' list for some time. I have looked it out and the address on the instructions is -- Kingdon Kits, 11, Main Street, Coaltown of Balgonie, Fife, KY7 6HS. I am unaware if they are still in existence but I hope this helps. You could also try Parkside or Ian Kirk as they know most things re model manufacturers in the Fife area.

Regards Allan

You could try contacting NB Models. Their 4mm J94/Hunslet kit is listed as being back in production as High Level will soon release a chassis for it.

I have a feeling that Norrie Blackburn of NB Models was somehow involved with the Kingdom Kits range, however, I am not 100% sure of this.

Cheers,

James

I haven't heard anything from Chris Gibbon on the possibility of an Austerity chassis as part of his own range. I'll have to ask him at some point... The last I heard of 'Kingdom Kits' was an ad' in the Railway Modeller (in the product reviews section I think) about 5 years ago. The address at that time I think was possibly in Kent (don't quote me on this!). I know I made a note at the time, but I wouldn't like to say where the notebook I did this in was. From what I recall, the only really valuable bits were an etched 'Lambton' cab and a selection of chimneys. The rest of the bits are easily done from scratch - see my blog - though a decent chassis is a bit trickier. The parts were reviewed by Allan Sibley in MRJ 21 back in 1988 if that helps at all?

Adam

• RMweb Gold

Is this the same Kingdom Kits that produced various modern image kits in N Gauge around ten years ago? They were quite prolific for a while, though the quality was variable - ISTR the range passed to B+H Enterprises where it has been consdierably revamped.

• 2 months later...

Now I realise I dredging this up from the depths and it isn't quite what the OP was after, but it might be of interest to someone. An outfit called RT Models have Giesel chimneys to suit Austerity saddletanks* for sale. I'd notcied them on Ebay but this seems to be the source for anyone interested - no connection, just passing this on.

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt%20models_006.htm

Adam

*Before we get into this *again*, no LNER/BR J94 under any ownership ever had this sort of chmney. OK? ;)

Now I realise I dredging this up from the depths and it isn't quite what the OP was after, but it might be of interest to someone. An outfit called RT Models have Giesel chimneys to suit Austerity saddletanks* for sale. I'd notcied them on Ebay but this seems to be the source for anyone interested - no connection, just passing this on.

http://www.rtmodels.co.uk/rt%20models_006.htm

Adam

*Before we get into this *again*, no LNER/BR J94 under any ownership ever had this sort of chmney. OK? ;)

I'm certainly fed up of their N class outside steam pipes coming up in my eBay searches :rolleyes: . You'd have fun drilling out that chimney though.

You'd have fun drilling out that chimney though.

True enough, and I should know, the scratchbuilt Giesel I did for my first Austerity was a right faff of a job (and this was in plastic with most of the middle left out to make it easier...)

Adam

• RMweb Gold

Im afraid you will find once again the N class conversion kit through your searches on ebay again next week! :mellow:

If anyone is after parts specifically that no-one does (or did) then let me know, I have under the request of customers and a manufacturer produced different parts for them.

Regards Robert Thompson, RT Models

www.rtmodels.co.uk

I'm certainly fed up of their N class outside steam pipes coming up in my eBay searches :rolleyes: . You'd have fun drilling out that chimney though.

Guest notascoobie

A while ago I did a Brassmasters J94, with extended bunker and other LNER mods. I had a few bits left over from the various industrial variants that could be built from the kit, including Giesl and Hunslet chimneys. I won't use them, so anyone who made me an offer..........

Archived