Wycrail 09-High Wycombe-Sat 7th November - & Win a cab ride!

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

banner_01.gifBL%20Banner%201.gif

Being held at:

John Hampden Grammar School

Marlow Hill

High Wycombe

Bucks HP11 1SZ

Open 10am till 5pm

See Exhibition website here

The 36th annual model railway exhibition organised by the High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society, is being held at the John Hampden Grammar School on Saturday 7th November. This year also sees the introduction of a Grand Draw, with an exciting first prize of a cab ride on a Chiltern Railways train. Visitors to the show will also be able to benefit from a number of informative lectures about the hobby; the headline lecture is being given by Hornby Hobbies about the development of the production of one of their models from concept to hitting the shops.

Layouts attending:

British Outline

Hinton Parva - OO

Lower Peak Wharf - OO9

Aldeburgh - Z

Bagborough West - 3mm

Bachdale & Dibley Level - OO9

Summat Colliery - OO

Priory Hill - N

Bedlem Heath - OO

Wells Green TDM - OO

Fursenhal - EM

The Brewery - EM

Cement Quay - extended - OO

Dairy Lane - N

Gorpeton Blymee - OO

Llangenydd - OO

Whitburn Corp. Trams - OO

Happisburgh Goods Yard - O

Two Sisters Farm - Gn

Continental Outline:

Barental - HO

Mino-Douro - N

North American Outline:

Idaho Springs - On

St Marks Yard - HO

Mill Falls - HO

Full trade support:

Hornby Trains

G & W Second-hand

Railroad Trading

Geoff Gamble Books

Model Junction (N Scale)

JB's Model World

Sunningwell Command Controls

Page Components - Tool suppliers

Cheltenham Models

Sist Trees

H&A Models

Radley Models

3 Counties Models

NGauging

Rail Room Electronics

Brilliant Baseboards

As well the lecture by Simon Kohler the Sales and Marketing Director of Hornby, one of the most influential people in our hobby today we are also proud to present lectures by Jon Jewett, of Sunningwell Command Controls and Steven Bird of SiSt Trees. John will be providing two lectures on Digital Command control (DCC). The first showing the novice the whys and wherefores of starting with DCC and his second will be on the advancements in DCC and its potentials in the furtherance of our hobby. Steven Bird will be heading the fourth lecture on "What a difference a Tree makes" about how to add one the finishing touch to a layout with the addition of effective trees.

The Grand Draw, with its amazing first prize, kindly donated by Chiltern Railways, of a cab ride on the Chiltern line is a new venture this year and other prizes, including train sets, models, kits and books kindly donated by the likes of Hornby, Peco, Parkside, Blacksmith Models, the History Press and Model Rail magazine.

A free vintage bus service is once again being operated from the Railway Station and Town Centre to John Hampden Grammar School. The bus service will depart from Wycombe Railway Station on the hour between 10:00 and 16:00. Return journeys will depart John Hampden Grammar School every hour between 10:30 and 15:30 with the final two journeys departing at 16:25 and 17:05 immediately after the show closes.

• RMweb Gold

Additional details of The Grand Draw, with its amazing first prize, kindly donated by Chiltern Railways, of a cab ride on the Chiltern line is a new venture this year and other prizes, including train sets, models, kits and books kindly donated by the likes of Hornby, Peco, Parkside, Blacksmith Models, the History Press and Model Rail magazine.

If any members wish to take part in the draw but are unable to attend the show let me know and I will arrange to supply tickets. More information can be found on the Exhibition Website here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

A pleasure Graham, it's an honour to be considered amongst such esteemed company. Andrea is not so keen though as the detailing has ramped up on Summat meaning it sits in the living room most evenings when she's trying to watch Masterchef laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Like most things you do Chris, I try to emulate it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your fiddle yard reminds me of the first real outing of Summat's giant sector plate board 3, I hadn't considered the open nature of it at the Mansfield show in March but thankfully disco-dave did and pinned some bubblewrap underneath. A few hours later a full rake of wagons and loco fell off onto said bubblewrap rather than the floor.

I now have screwed some thin ply to the underside wink.gif

signal's working by the way, now for the rest .......

• RMweb Gold

quick bump - I will be all packed up at work willing it to be 2pm ready for the off "down south"

Will the lighting be done?

will 76079 be DCC fitted and weathered?

Will Dynamis work?

Will I leave a critical item behind?

Am I looking forward to it? - oh yes!cool.gif

• RMweb Gold

Same goes for Summat Colliery, my usual partner in crime disco-dave can't make the trip down south so I'm on me 'tod. Unless I keep my legs crossed I am going to have to leave the layout at some time, so any assistance would be most appreaciated biggrin.gif

• RMweb Gold

I will be there helping out with the stewarding, The Risbough club helps out at Wycrail, and the Wycombe club helps us with stewarding at Railex. this is the first year we have had this arrangement and hopefully it will continue in future years.

David

Hi David

This is indeed much appreciated and like you I hope, and will try to ensure that it will be a continuing arrangement in the future.

• RMweb Gold

Same goes for Summat Colliery, my usual partner in crime disco-dave can't make the trip down south so I'm on me 'tod. Unless I keep my legs crossed I am going to have to leave the layout at some time, so any assistance would be most appreaciated biggrin.gif

We have a hall manager and stewards allocated in each hall, who will be happy to assist with the flow of teas and coffees for exhibitors and cover for breaks if needed, just give them a shout.

• RMweb Gold

We have a hall manager and stewards allocated in each hall, who will be happy to assist with the flow of teas and coffees for exhibitors and cover for breaks if needed, just give them a shout.

Thanks Graham, I was just wondering if any RMwebbers fancied a go that's all wink.gif

76079 is weathered up (run out of Tamiya Red Brown now) - I've got to clean the wheels again now laugh.gif

• RMweb Gold

... they can also supply chamber pots :P

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Graham, I was just wondering if any RMwebbers fancied a go that's all wink.gif

Hi Ian

I guessed as much and of course the more RMwebbers that come along the better! Make sure you say hello!

• RMweb Gold

just you wait until Mansfield 2010 - I'll tell the scouts to boycott you laugh.gif

Well, I didn't think your Dynamis would have the range to operate Summat Colliery from the gents :icon_tongue:

Archived