The Ruabon to Barmouth Line - Lightmoor Press

Neil

• RMweb Premium

I've just been tempted to part with thirty pounds for a book; those of you who know of my Yorkshire roots will know it must have been pretty special.

post-6793-0-38470800-1446646185_thumb.jpg

It's a big, weighty volume, largely pictorial, with very few images that I've seen before. It sits well with the two CC Green, Wild Swan books on the Cambrian Coast lines. Whilst not aping the presentational format of those books it has a similar depth of coverage and the same air of quality.

post-6793-0-30861300-1446646188_thumb.jpg

My copy came from Nick's Railway Stuff, my local railway book shop and dealer, full contact details here.

Out of interest, does the book contain any decent shots of 7313 in the early 50s? She was one of only a few GWR Moguls to receive lined black livery but photos seem hard to come by. She was a Croes Newydd engine and a regular on this route during this period.

• RMweb Premium

Out of interest, does the book contain any decent shots of 7313 in the early 50s? She was one of only a few GWR Moguls to receive lined black livery but photos seem hard to come by. She was a Croes Newydd engine and a regular on this route during this period.

I don't know, but I'll take another look through with this in mind. Tough job but someone ......

Fortunately without even obtaining my Christmas book list from Lightmoor I know this one is already in the bag for me following my son's visit to the Ian Allan shop in Mnachester while on his way to footie last weekend as he rang me with a list of titles and I chose the one I hadn't got already ;)

I predict a very entertaining Christmas for you.

• RMweb Gold

I'll also keep an eye out for 7313, but my perusal of my copy is currently being eclipsed by the 'Book of the Millennium', namely the new Lightmoor colour album on the Forest of Dean railways, both copies having been bought from Not Jeremy and the excellent Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop.

I'll also keep an eye out for 7313, but my perusal of my copy is currently being eclipsed by the 'Book of the Millennium', namely the new Lightmoor colour album on the Forest of Dean railways, both copies having been bought from Not Jeremy and the excellent Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop.

My copy (from the same source) is currently flying to Australia. Book - 30 GBP - airmail 29 GBP! I hope it is flying business class!

Craig W

There is a photo of 7313 on page 122. Shunting at Corwen. The caption states 1960. The tender has a late BR crest so may not be of use to you. 

Further one on page 205 but too small to see details but date is 1960.

Sadly 7313 went green with the late crest in 1957 (I have a photo of her ex-works) but thanks for checking.

Archived