TTS sound

kevo

HI  i have just tried program ing  a Bachmann class  20 that is fitted with tts sound  as it running very jerky and judder ing  at slow speeds i am a bit new to trying things out with dcc but you doint learn un less you try . i have looked up ways of trying to re set the cv's for slow running etc on you tube . 1st of i am use ing a NCE POWER  CAB  but ever time i try to program  it comes up can not read cv ! is this meaning that it will not program tts decoders 

'Cannot read CV' means that the controller is not 'seeing' the chip. Therefore you cannot programme it. As it is 'jerking and juddering' I would suggest that the issue could be dirty track, dirty wheels and pickups. Suggest you check the track and wheels before you go any further.

Guest Mancunian

HI  i have just tried program ing  a Bachmann class  20 that is fitted with tts sound  as it running very jerky and judder ing  at slow speeds i am a bit new to trying things out with dcc but you doint learn un less you try . i have looked up ways of trying to re set the cv's for slow running etc on you tube . 1st of i am use ing a NCE POWER  CAB  but ever time i try to program  it comes up can not read cv ! is this meaning that it will not program tts decoders 

Check cleanliness of the track, pick-ups, wheels... Also check that there is sufficient pressure of the pick-up wipers against the wheel-backs...too long a pick-up will cause intermittent contact and therefore pick-up!    Also check the wiring throughout...!?

Edited by Mancunian

thanks chaps but i have done all those things i have another class 20 fitted with a tts  decoder and that runs fine  . its just this one . i have removed the  decoder re fitted the blanking plate and run it on dc on a spare bit of track and it seems fine . re installed the decoder and back to judder ing 

i am use ing a NCE POWER  CAB  but ever time i try to program  it comes up can not read cv ! is this meaning that it will not program tts decoders 

In order to read CVs with Power Cab, you must scroll the Power Cab to "Use Programming Track".  CVs can be written "on the Main" but not read.  If using the layout as the programming track, be sure to remove from the track, all locos except the one you want to reprogram.

Harold.

In order to read CVs with Power Cab, you must scroll the Power Cab to "Use Programming Track".  CVs can be written "on the Main" but not read.  If using the layout as the programming track, be sure to remove from the track, all locos except the one you want to reprogram.

Harold.

While true, this seems to not be the problem.

The PowerCab would not be complaining that it cannot read CV if programming on main was selected.

I have seen quite a few comments here on RMWeb and Youtube where people have had the same problem as yourself with TTS decoders.

The sounds seem to be quite good but jerky running is experienced.  As the PowerCab cannot read the decoder, perhaps the decoder is faulty.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/122713-Hornby-railroad-diesel-jerky-slow-running-under-dcc/&do=findComment&comment=2875785

tips on dealing with jerky running under TTS chips. I found changing to the other motor control setting ( there are 2 options in CV 150 - 0 and 1) cured most locos

Thanks

Chris

Edited by Chrisr40

The decoder user ‘manual’ speaks to setting the motor algorithm to better suit Bachmann motors, by way of CV150 initially then if necessary fine tune the motor PI characteristics using CVs 151/2 or 153/4 as applicable.

Rob