new book on vanished railways of West Dumbartonshire

emac

Just Bought a newly published book on the Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire by Stewart Noble History Press isbn 978-0-7509-5096-1 price £12.99

illustrated with 200 photographs, depicts the history of the Western Dunbartonshire's railways now lost; which stretched from the shipyards of Clydebank to the north end of Loch includes an interesting chapter on the lines which serviced WHR Faslane branch, Dumbarton, Clydebank, Helensburgh, Balloch.

This was an interesting read for as most of it relates to my local area and I found it a little cheaper at abebooks.co.uk ;)

Hi Darrel I had an interesting conversation with Stuart Noble when I was waiting to Photograph 62005 Lord of the Isles at Helensburgh Upper a couple of weeks ago was interested as the content had a lot of local stuff including renton and alexandria I fancy having a go at jamestown station with its wee goods yard in OO a lot of the photos brings back boyhood memouries

eddie

Hi Darel will take you up on that but need to get details of club times etc my good lady is also keen on model railways and we are both off to perth this Saturday

• 1 year later...

Archived