Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

I do like that one! If I might make a constructive suggestion, it'd ideally work better with a shorter train - partly for authenticity, partly to see the loco, partly for composition... Admittedly short trains aren't particularly easy to come by on the valley (save the drivex, which is perhaps a little too short!), but maybe an early morning run on a gala day with 2-4 coaches, before it gets too busy? Just an idea!

I too really like that shot and I know what you mean about the composition but I am trying to imagine the conversation...

Photographer: Excuse me mate, your train's too long!

Driver: Sorry?

P: Your train, it's too long, it doesn't look right. Could you just drop a couple of coaches off so I can take my shot?

D: @$#%&!!!!

;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Often other photographers I know don't take pictures of the RHDR, because they say it looks too twee!!

No 6 at Dungeness.

Thanks for that - it's my desktop background at the moment!

Is the gull attached to the pole? :rolleyes:

:angel: Honest m'lud, I did not fake the seagull... ^_^

You're a braver man than I Mr.Martin....I would have been tempted to remove that pole the seagull appears to be impaled on.... :P

Neat atmospheric shot well captured.

Thanks very much Larry :) I tend not to edit things out of photographs. Colour balance sometimes gets changed, but this one is just a resize on my iMac's Preview program so it fits the RMweb page. No other editing undertaken.

I really liked the coincidental timing of the Seagull unfurling its wings, and being in Brighton, well, it seemed appropriate!

Edited by S.A.C Martin

The final Holyhead-Birmingham drifting down from Conway Castle, 27th September 2002. The 3 million megapixel Fuji bridge camera was more fun that watching bushes oblitarate the lineside.... post-6680-0-20650700-1329050136.jpg

Streuth.... that's a lot of pixels (3 billion in old money).... is that 3 trillion pixels in new terms?