Foam Inserts

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone know where to buy the foam inserts suitable for dividers in stock boxes etc.I know you can buy these boxes ready made,at a price,but I would like to make my own.I've found an old wine case from Xmas that would be ideal for lining out in foam.

Make sure the foam you pick is long term stable and doesn't leach stuff if you plan to use them for long term storage. The data sheets for most foam sheets should tell you about this. The museum grade stuff is probably OTT for models unless they are very very valuable !

You could try looking at JB's Model World they do a range of stock box inserts at very reasonable prices. I purchased two boxes from Jonathon at the Basingstoke show today, didn't have enough cash on me so he let me take two home and said I could pay by cheque or Paypal later. Now there's trust for you. Worth looking at. ( No association just a very satisfied customer).

• RMweb Gold

You could try looking at JB's Model World they do a range of stock box inserts at very reasonable prices. I purchased two boxes from Jonathon at the Basingstoke show today, didn't have enough cash on me so he let me take two home and said I could pay by cheque or Paypal later. Now there's trust for you. Worth looking at. ( No association just a very satisfied customer).

These look just what I'm after thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone know where I could get a '00 gauge' version of the JB's models stock boxes?

Heres a couple of photos of the OO versions he sells at £18 each including P/P

post-126-0-98622500-1302036102_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-96662500-1302036133_thumb.jpg

Archived