TGV makes secret visit to London

They took out a Super Injunction :laugh:

I saw that as well and thought it was odd no-one had mentioned it elsewhere, I suppose it shows that the internet is not always the first place you hear about something.

It was a test train (i.e. a French Network Measurement Train) so it's probably just for testing track and signalling.

• RMweb Gold

If you want to keep something like that quiet you can usually manage to do so - and even easier to do so on a very self-contained piece of railway such as CTRL/HS1.

Don't forget how the 'City of Truro' first trip 'to the West Country' in 1985 was kept fairly well under wraps, and that was something which many people knew was going to happen but couldn't find out where it was going until the very last minute - if then.

It was the French equivalent of 'Doctor Yellow', which had to be hauled by a pair of Krupps from Folkestone, as the TVM isn't yet compatible with the version on CTRL. I wasn't aware of any secrecy covering it- the crew that were to work it visited the RCC in Coquelles when I was on shift last week.

Archived