HARVEY HADDEN SPORTS COMPLEX

Bilborough Park

Wigman Road

NOTTINGHAM

NG8 4PB

Adults - £8.00; Children - STILL only £2.00; Students/OAPs - £7.00;

Families (2 x Adults + 2 x Children) - £18.00

Members of supporting societies (upon production of a valid membership card),

ie: HMRS, 2mm Scale Association, EM Gauge Society, Scalefour Society, Gauge 0 Guild, DEMU, RCTS and NMRA - £7.00

Opening Times: Sat 0930 - 1700 / Sun: 1000 - 1700

Saturday is our busiest day. Please come on Sunday if you can.

See topic in Calendar section of RM Web and our own website for frequently updated details

Layouts:

post-1-0-36432700-1329074958_thumb.jpg

Scottish Themed Grouping

Culreoch EM 1960s Jamie Wood

Fisherrow Yard O 1970s Ian Futers

Glenuig EM 1980s Gary Hinson

Loch Oran N 1990s BARMATES

Portchullin P4 1970s Mark Tatlow

Bannochbrae OO 1960-1970s Roger Nicholls

East Midlands Themed Grouping

Annston N 1980s Paul Butler

Brenton Midland OO 2000s David Page

Ilkeston Town OO 1930s Nottingham MRS

Stamford East N 1961-63 Trevor Webster

Stoke Summit OO 1950s-1960s Wolverhampton MRS

post-1-0-27983900-1329075482_thumb.jpg

Candian/US Themed Grouping

CTU Spur, Alaska HO 2010 Chris Gilbert

Joachin HO Virginian 1950s Peter North

North Plains HO Arkansas and Missouri 2000s Nick Pallet

Sweethome Alabama HO CSX/NS 1990s Jon Grant

Wiley City HO Yakima Valley 1980s Andy Gautrey

2mm Finescale Grouping

Brafferton 2FS BR (NE) 1950s-1960s Tony Simms

Fence Houses 2FS BR (NE) 1950s-1960s Bob Jones

Annedale Town 2FS BR (LM) 1960s Brian Hume

St Ruth 2FS BR (W) 1960s 2mm Midland Group

post-1-0-88927200-1329075250.jpg

Other British

Marske O NER/LNER 1930s Martin Smith

Rothern Bridge O LSWR, SR and BR(S) Crawley MRS

Bradfield Gloucester Square OO BR (LM) 1960s-1970s John Elliot

Potterbourne OO GWR 1930s Josh Courtney

Leighton Buzzard (Linslade) EM GCR 1900s Peter Denny's famous layout exhibitied by Tony Gee

Birmingham Moor Street P4 BR (LM) 1970s-1980s S4 Sy WMAG

Oxenhope 3mm LMS 1950s Vic Hall

post-1-0-79322700-1329076177_thumb.jpg

Continental

Felsen HO German Mosel Valley 1950-1960s John C Smith

Trade Stands

Demonstrations

ROY JACKSON (of 'RETFORD' fame) presents:

emgslogov03.gif EM CORNER - your one-stop place to visit to find out how to go EM modelling - but there's lots of very useful stuff here that'll help you whateverscale you model in !

• Layout: 'LEIGHTON BUZZARD' - Built by Rev Peter Denny and part of the famous Buckingham Branch; exhibited by it's current custodian (and maintainer), Tony Gee.
    There are more EM & P4 layouts included in other areas of the exhibition.
  • Society Stand: EMGS emgslogov03.gif
  • PLUS Demonstrations and Clinics, including:
    • Eastern Region Mainline Motive Power & Rolling Stoack - with Roy Jackson of Retford fame (with videos of Retford playing).
    • Styrene Card Wizardry - with Geoff Kent (possibly the finest exponent of the ‘art’).
    • If You Go Down in the Woods Today ! - grass and scenery using teddy-bear fur fabric, with John McCrea.
    • The Carriage & Wagon Dept - Rolling Stock with Vernon Harrod.
    • All Things LMS - with Vincent Worthington, of Camden Bank fame.
    • LMS Locomotives - with Mick Moore.
    • Converting R-T-R Locomotives to EM Gauge - with Pete Hill.

PLUS Even More Demonstrations & Clinics:

Simply Scenery - with Tony and Sue Hill, masters of the craft.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I would just like to clarify that we will be there with Leighton Buzzard, which as listed as being by "Tony Gee".

I will certainly there but it might attract a few more punters if it was listed as being part of the Rev. Peter Denny's famous Buckingham branch!

I have been surprised a few times at how many people have made a trip to a show just because Leighton Buzzard was there, or they were undecided and that swung it for them. I have also been asked at other shows if I have based my model on one of Peter Denny's because it reminds them of his........

The layout is quite ancient and fragile and each time we take it out something else breaks and needs repairing, so it may not remain on the exhibition circuit for too much longer to ensure its long term survival as a fully operational part of Buckingham.

So I urge anybody interested to make the effort to come along and see it while they can.

• RMweb Premium

Does it include any of the 'Automatic Crispin' system?

Sadly no! The Automatic Crispin controlled movements from the fiddle yard to Grandborough Junction and also the short branch from Grandborough to "Verney Junction" (in reality a short dead end track used by push pull trains and the railmotor).

So the AC didn't have any involvement with Leighton Buzzard.

What we will be bringing along is Leighton Buzzard plus the fiddle yard that Peter Denny built for the MRJ show approx 20 years ago, along with the locos and stock which he used at that show. We will be operating to the timetable he devised for that show and the trains will be worked from the station to the fiddle yard using his lovely home made block instruments.

• RMweb Premium

Whoops ! My fault. Please pass me a damp cloth to wipe the egg off face !

Thanks for pointing that our Tony. Amendments already in hand.

Ian

No problem Ian. I just thought that listing it as being by me might not pull in as many visitors as if it was advertised as being Peter Denny's. I have been modelling and exhibiting for nigh on 30 years and the layout that creates the most interest is the one I didn't build but I am happy to live with that one!

So it will be Mothering Sunday on the 18th so will this be a good or bad thing.

It'll probably be very busy on the Saturday, with a much smaller Sunday attendance, if the last time Mothering Sunday clashed with the show is anything to go by.

The last year that Mothering Sundar fell on our weekend was, in fact, 2009 (21 March and 22 March).

Whilst the Sunday was a little quieter that usual, the overall weekend results showed a 12.5% increase in attendance !

Unlike the 1980s & 90s (and earlier) Saturdays are now the busier day every year and our opening hours reflect this. We now actively encourage our public to visit us on the Sunday, if they can.

Ian

Its only 38 Days till the doors fly open!! Don't forget to 'Like' us on Facebook ====> http://www.facebook.com/NottinghamMRS and get regular updates.

Tut tut, we can't have doors flying open, these days they have to be released after careful checking that it's safe to do so.

Not like the videos you see of commuter trains arriving at London termini with every door already half open, anybody standing on the platform look out!!

The Scottish Themed Groupings at previous NOTTINGHAM East Midlands EXHIBITIONS have proved to be very popular, so we're doing it again ! The line-up for this year's Scottish grouping will be:

SCOTTISH THEMED GROUPING 2012

Fisherrow Yard - O - BR(ScR) - 1970s - Ian Futers

Portchullin - P4 - BR(ScR) - 1970s - Mark Tatlow

Glenuig - EM - BR(ScR) - 1970s - Gary Hinson

Culreoch - EM - BR(ScR) - 1960s - Jamie Wood

Bannochbrae - OO - BR(ScR) - 1970s - Roger Nicholls

Loch Oran - N - BR(ScR) - 1990s - BARMATES

Several of the builders of these layouts are members of RM Web, so come along and support them !

Portchullin and I will be there, in 1974 mode (unless anybody asks nicely in which case we will see what kettles we can dig out!).

As long as the last few gasps of my efforts go today come to fruitition, we should have a compliment of signals going. Indeed, if I can tap up some of the MERG guys at either Watford or Glasgow, lets see if we can make them bounce.......

A little taster...............

post-7769-0-40349500-1329068779.jpg

I've updated the starting post to include the layout, trade and demonstrator line-up.

There's some layouts I'm personally looking forward to seeing again and there really is some not to be missed content in there!

Just an observation, but when you follow the links to your website, although the light blue icon on the left links to the correct page, the one in the body of the text takes you to a page advertising the 2009 exhibition.

Looking forward to coming down - this is not a show I've visited before on either side of the barriers.

Just an observation, but when you follow the links to your website, although the light blue icon on the left links to the correct page, the one in the body of the text takes you to a page advertising the 2009 exhibition.

Looking forward to coming down - this is not a show I've visited before on either side of the barriers.

Hi Jonathan,

Many thanks for letting us know about this. We've worked on the problem this evening and I think we've now cured it. If not, please let us know !

Ian

Archived