39-527 Ex-Southern PMV Parcels & Miscellaneous Van BR Green

Tim Hale

Bachmann have not been very clear about which versions they are going to make. According to the Bachmann publicity they are going to produce both PMV and CCT variants (the latter having end doors). The publicity photo for 39-525 shows an even-planked version (of the PMV), however uneven-planked and plywood versions to the same diagrams were also built. The PMV were to diagram 3103 and CCT to diagram 3101.

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has anyone seen or heard of progress with Bachmann's SR 4-Wheel Utility Vans (CCTs) and Luggage Vans (PMVs)?

They were announced in March 2012, and I think they are the last of Bachmann's 2012 announcements to see the light of day. These are such useful models, and it would be nice to see photos of early pre-production samples.

John

• 3 months later...

In the January 2014 Southern Way there is a long article on pre-1939  PLV's and CCT's by Mike King. Pictures too.

I have 5-6 different CCT/PLV's already stretching back to a K's version purchased in the 1980's at a US Train Show. Several unbuilt Parkside kits in the drawer too. But I have this one on order anyway. 

Not sure if it is correct but I use them for fish traffic on my pre-1948 version of Padstow. 

On a WW 1 memorial theme SECR van 132 was used as the "hearse" van for Nurse Clavell, Captain Fryatt and the Unknown Warrior funeral trains. Maybe in a 2015-18 set. What else would fit such a train from current or announced Bachmann products. There is also a long article back some issues in Southern Way on "just an humble van".

• RMweb Gold

I presume the PMV will be the SR built version (as opposed to the original SECR type) if the prototype photo in the catalogue accurately reflects their intentions.

The article cited by Autocoach amply illustrates why the CCT is going to be a matter of "wait-and-see".

There were/are quite a few variations to choose from but I'm guessing that for economy of tooling, it is likely to represent the one with the same sides as the PMV.

John

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone seen or heard of progress with Bachmann's SR 4-Wheel Utility Vans (CCTs) and Luggage Vans (PMVs)?

They were announced in March 2012, and I think they are the last of Bachmann's 2012 announcements to see the light of day. These are such useful models, and it would be nice to see photos of early pre-production samples.

John

Bachmann aren't usually reticent about releasing such images, so I'd guess they don't yet exist.

John

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I see Bachmann say they have received early production samples of these? Does anyone have a photo or two from today's event at Barwell they can share with us?

John

• 9 months later...

They don't show the BR PMV in green, but this is the one in the catalogue http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/srpmv/e1e701a93http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/srpmv/e341aefa 

Genuinely exciting for me as these were about my first colour photos of rolling stock taken when I was 14 or 15.

I believe this is the ex CCT as PMV they are doing in blue http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/srcct/e1552e6d6(the end door had been sealed)

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Archived