IKB Models range acquired by BGS

PaulT

The Broad Gauge Society has acquired the rights to the former IKB Models range of high quality etched kits.

Andy has approved this posting.

The range includes 11 coach kits in 4 and 7mm scales and some wagon and loco parts too in 4mm. The coaches are of late C19 GWR prototypes and

include Dean convertibles for Broad and Standard Gauge as well as some 4'8 1/2" gauge only models; most can be built to several variants of diagram numbers. All include sprung suspension.

BGS is attending Scaleforum in September and will have the 4mm scale kits available for sale as well as our existing range of kits for

models of earlier protypes.

Here is a sample of a 4mm model built from an ex-IKB kit courtesy of Douglas Sainthill Johnson, a modeller of limited experience.

post-7074-0-08917600-1344451391.jpg

Initially the 7mm kits are available to order so may take a little longer to supply.

Further information is on the Society's recently improved website at

www.broadgauge.org.uk

Orders are invited to

4mm_scale@broadgauge.org.uk or

7mm_scale@broadgauge.org.uk

• 5 months later...

So the Broad Gauge Society is now the only source of broad gauge kits for locos, wagons and coaches ? I thought I had seen other items from other suppliers in the past but I may have been mistaken.

There's a simple answer to that. Produce some yourself! I'd like a simple to build 4mm Bristol & Exeter 4-4-0 saddle tank please :sungum:

Archived